• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET PCN - Parking Paid through RingGo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET PCN - Parking Paid through RingGo

Hello,

New to this forum, hopeing somebody can help. Received a parking charge notice from MET at a Chiltern Railways train station. Driver used RingGo for parking but the site was playing up when driver was at the station, so did it about 2 hours later once in London. Anyway, a parking attendant issued a fine between car being parked and payment going through RingGo. Parking was paid for most of the day via RingGo and have the receipt etc to prove it.

Appealed through the met appeal service but not sure if that was a good move? Anyway, I appealed there and heard nothing back. I appealed within 28 days and before payment as stated on the PCN. It's been 2 months and heard nothing in response to the appeal but did get a letter today asking for £100, saying the charge is now overdue.

I've been on at RingGo and Chiltern with no luck either. Stressed! Help!!!
    Last edited by alex9157; 21st June 2017, 20:16:PM. Reason: Privacy
    Tags: None

Re: MET PCN - Parking Paid through RingGo

Hi alex9157 & welcome to LB.

How did you 'soft appeal' to MET?
    On what grounds?
    Do you have proof of sending it?
    Do you still have the windscreen ticket & Notice to Keeper via the post?
    Underlying all of this is the possibility that the car park is covered by railway byelaws, & if so it may be that the parking co have not issued the ticket using the correct procedure.
    Btw, do not reveal the identity of whoever was driving at the relevant time.
    Best to edit your above post accordingly.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks charitynjw

You can appeal through the MET appeal website but I have no evidence of doing that. No confirmation email came through etc. Appealed on the grounds that I paid for parking for the day and the RingGo site problems prevented me from paying efficiently. Yes I have the windscreen ticket and the letter that arrived today asking for £100.

Edited profile accordingly, I think?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alex9157 View Post
        Thanks charitynjw

You can appeal through the MET appeal website but I have no evidence of doing that. No confirmation email came through etc.
        Exactly the reason why I always take a screengrab of those blasted on-line forms.
        Appealed on the grounds that I paid for parking for the day and the RingGo site problems prevented me from paying efficiently. Yes I have the windscreen ticket and the letter that arrived today asking for £100.
        Ok.
        Could you post them up? (Suitably sanitised to obscure your personal details, but leave dates visible).
        & do you have any photos of the site signage?

Edited profile accordingly, I think?
        Brilliantly!

Thanks.
        ####
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X