• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ wrong person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ wrong person

Hi my partner has just had a CJ appear on his credit report.

Last year he part exchanged a car at a sales garage.

A few months later we received a letter from the CCBC stating that he owed £1562 to the claimant?

We never received any court papers previous to this. Wrote to the court and explained this - to be told to contact the claimant and explain .... at this point we knew nothing about the claimant except his name and address. we tried to contact him but he wasn't home so left details of our call.

A couple of weeks later a man knocked on the door (the claimant) and after discussing this with him he noted that he had got the wrong person.

He was suing the garage and had assumed that my partner was the garage owner as his name was still showing on the V5 document that he had been given when buying our old car from the garage.

We received papers from the court earlier this year stating that the claimant had dismissed his claim against my partner in full.

How can my partner get this removed from his credit report as it is clearly affecting it?

Thanks
    Elaine
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X