• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ppi for deceased husband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ppi for deceased husband

Hi all.
    Was just wondering if anyone had experience of this. I claimed for both myself and my deceased husband. The bank has stated that I will need a letter from a solicitor to prove I am the next of kin. I am unsure of how to go about this. He left no will and left nothing so had no need to go to probate. I do not know how I can even prove to the solicitor I was the next of kin let alone the bank.
    Any ideas as to where I would start please?
    The claim is only for a few hundred pounds so I do not see the point in carrying it on as solicitor fees will not be cheap. Any advise will be very much appreciated. Thank you
    Claire.b
    Tags: None

Re: Ppi for deceased husband

I would have thought that you providing a marriage certificate to the bank would suffice. I'd offer that and say you'll make a formal complaint if they don't accept it as such.

Are you claiming PPI on joint accounts?

Comment

Check the ppi policy they often have life cover attached.

Comment

It wasn't a joint account no. I will do as you suggest and send the marriage certificate along with the death certificate and see where that gets me. Thank you from the advise. It's appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X