• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Please help, question regarding N180 form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** DISCONTINUED ** Please help, question regarding N180 form

Hello,

Apologies for posting without introducing myself but this is rather urgent I need to return the form by the end of the week.

I was just wondering if I could omit my telephone number and signature from the copy I have to send the DCA?

I don't want them to start harassing me by phone or forging my signature onto documents.

Am I allowed to go over these details in permanent marker before I send them a copy?

Or should I attach a letter stating that I do not wish to be contacted by telephone or want my telephone number passed on to any other party?

Many thanks in advance,

OH
    Tags: None

Re: Please help, question regarding N180 form

the N180 copy would go to the claimants solicitor - you don't need to put in your phone number and you can just write your name.

We don't hear much at all of any harassment starting after court proceedings - it's normally before to try get payment before having to spend on court fees /sols etc.... and in eleven years I only know of one case where it was accused that the signature had been lifted from a letter and forged onto an agreement - and that was in 2006 - so I tend to not worry as it would be fraud and it really just doesn't happen.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks so much, it wasn't clear from the cover letter that I didn't have to send a copy as the defendant it states the following:

TAKE NOTICE THAT

1. This is now a defended claim.

2.It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to small claims track. Etc

3. You must by 26th June 2017 complete the small claims directions questionaire (form n180) and file it with the court office.

(court address)

And serve copies on all other parties.

Is this a copy of the letter they have sent to the DCA then?

Sorry for all the questions I'm really paranoid about getting it wrong.

I've filled in the N180 form and EX730.

I'll send them today if I don't have to send copies.

Many thanks,

OH

Comment

You do need to send a copy to the Claimant's solicitors ( or whatever address is listed as the address for documents on the claim form)

Did you defend via Moneyclaim online ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes I did which is why I am getting confused. I'm sure I selected all these options online...

I thinks it's because my defence wouldn't fit in the box online so I had to send it via email...

Comment

Okay just if you'd completed the response pack you'd have signed that and you'd be worrying even more unnecessarily about your signature

The N180 is completely standard issue ( you get it whether you filed defence MCOL, email or on paper) and is just really ensuring the admin stuff is taken care of - that it is okay in small claims and which court it wants to be transferred to ( your local court ). Once that's gone in the case will be moved to your local court and they'll look at whether there are any directions needed ( production of documents etc ) and sort out a date for a hearing.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Ohfreeme View Post
              wondering if I could omit my telephone number and signature from the copy I have to send the DCA?

I don't want them to start harassing me by phone or forging my signature onto documents.

Am I allowed to go over these details in permanent marker before I send them a copy?

Or should I attach a letter stating that I do not wish to be contacted by telephone or want my telephone number passed on to any other party?
              I think you're worrying unnecessarily.

If you edit/doctor a legal form it will only draw attention to it or create suspicion. I would be surprised if the Claimant or their solicitors hasn't already traced your phone number.

You have to put your phone number on the Directions Questionnaire so the Mediation Service can contact you (assuming you wisely ticked 'YES'' to Mediation).

What's more important is to know what this claim is for and what you have filed as your Defence to it (if you want the Beagles' help).

Di

Comment

Thanks, I'm being a bit paranoid possible due to my mental health problems. Thanks for the info. Should I post another thread with all the details? I was getting help from another site but they seem to have locked their forum and it's advertising IVA's now...
                Last edited by Ohfreeme; 20th June 2017, 12:13:PM. Reason: Typo, typed while not concentrating

Comment

Should I post another thread with all the details? I was getting help from another site
                  No need to start another thread

Just make sure anything you post on this one cannot identify you.

Di

Comment

Good morning,

I have received a new letter from the solicitor with their copy of the directions questionnaire.

They have put zero witnesses but I put '1' as it stated 'including yourself'.

I still have not received a credit agreement or any other documents requested.

I noted on my questionnaire that I haven't received the documents to proceed.

Could someone please let me know what I need to do now? Should I write to them again requesting the documents?

Thanks in advance.

Oh

Comment

Should I write to them again requesting the documents?
                      No

Can you post/type up the Particulars of Claim (removing anything which could identify you) otherwise it's not easy to make suggestions.

So who is the Claimant, who are the solicitors, what is the claim for (credit card, overdraft, loan, utility bill, mobile phone account, catalogue debt etc) and how much is being claimed?

Di

Comment

Sorry it had been some time since I last posted. I haven't really had a chance to do anything during the school holidays.

I think I have messed this up now and Court is coming up.

I received a witness statement today. I'm really upset about it as I couldn't respond nor did I feel that I needed to respond to what they sent me.

I still have not seen a credit agreement. I don't know what to do now. I'm so stressed.

I might have to upload the documents it 2 separate posts.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Ohfreeme; 15th September 2017, 09:20:AM. Reason: Removing personal info from attachments

Comment

Okay, you returned the N180 then had a letter from the court with a court date on ? Did that say when your Witness Statement needed to be filed/served ? ( you should be able to get back on track if you've only just got this from Lowell )
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

And could you possibly post the exhibit pages 1-3 ( that is what they are saying is the agreement ) ( black out person details of course) and if you can the Default Notice.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Also Para 15 of their statement does say they sent the agreement after your initial request and have attached a copy of the letter - did you get that at the time they say they sent it ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X