Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help, question regarding N180 form

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Please help, question regarding N180 form

Hello,

Apologies for posting without introducing myself but this is rather urgent I need to return the form by the end of the week.

I was just wondering if I could omit my telephone number and signature from the copy I have to send the DCA?

I don't want them to start harassing me by phone or forging my signature onto documents.

Am I allowed to go over these details in permanent marker before I send them a copy?

Or should I attach a letter stating that I do not wish to be contacted by telephone or want my telephone number passed on to any other party?

Many thanks in advance,

OH

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

Default Re: Please help, question regarding N180 form

the N180 copy would go to the claimants solicitor - you don't need to put in your phone number and you can just write your name.

We don't hear much at all of any harassment starting after court proceedings - it's normally before to try get payment before having to spend on court fees /sols etc.... and in eleven years I only know of one case where it was accused that the signature had been lifted from a letter and forged onto an agreement - and that was in 2006 - so I tend to not worry as it would be fraud and it really just doesn't happen.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much, it wasn't clear from the cover letter that I didn't have to send a copy as the defendant it states the following:

TAKE NOTICE THAT

1. This is now a defended claim.

2.It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to small claims track. Etc

3. You must by 26th June 2017 complete the small claims directions questionaire (form n180) and file it with the court office.

(court address)

And serve copies on all other parties.

Is this a copy of the letter they have sent to the DCA then?

Sorry for all the questions I'm really paranoid about getting it wrong.

I've filled in the N180 form and EX730.

I'll send them today if I don't have to send copies.

Many thanks,

OH

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

You do need to send a copy to the Claimant's solicitors ( or whatever address is listed as the address for documents on the claim form)

Did you defend via Moneyclaim online ?
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Yes I did which is why I am getting confused. I'm sure I selected all these options online...

I thinks it's because my defence wouldn't fit in the box online so I had to send it via email...

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

Okay just if you'd completed the response pack you'd have signed that and you'd be worrying even more unnecessarily about your signature

The N180 is completely standard issue ( you get it whether you filed defence MCOL, email or on paper) and is just really ensuring the admin stuff is taken care of - that it is okay in small claims and which court it wants to be transferred to ( your local court ). Once that's gone in the case will be moved to your local court and they'll look at whether there are any directions needed ( production of documents etc ) and sort out a date for a hearing.

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    895 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohfreeme View Post
    wondering if I could omit my telephone number and signature from the copy I have to send the DCA?

I don't want them to start harassing me by phone or forging my signature onto documents.

Am I allowed to go over these details in permanent marker before I send them a copy?

Or should I attach a letter stating that I do not wish to be contacted by telephone or want my telephone number passed on to any other party?
    I think you're worrying unnecessarily.

If you edit/doctor a legal form it will only draw attention to it or create suspicion. I would be surprised if the Claimant or their solicitors hasn't already traced your phone number.

You have to put your phone number on the Directions Questionnaire so the Mediation Service can contact you (assuming you wisely ticked 'YES'' to Mediation).

What's more important is to know what this claim is for and what you have filed as your Defence to it (if you want the Beagles' help).

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forum’s site rules don’t allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email [email protected]. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, I'm being a bit paranoid possible due to my mental health problems. Thanks for the info. Should I post another thread with all the details? I was getting help from another site but they seem to have locked their forum and it's advertising IVA's now...
    Last edited by Ohfreeme; 20th June 2017 at 12:13:PM. Reason: Typo, typed while not concentrating

Mentions
    895 Post(s)

Should I post another thread with all the details? I was getting help from another site
    No need to start another thread

Just make sure anything you post on this one cannot identify you.

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forum’s site rules don’t allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email [email protected]. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Good morning,

I have received a new letter from the solicitor with their copy of the directions questionnaire.

They have put zero witnesses but I put '1' as it stated 'including yourself'.

I still have not received a credit agreement or any other documents requested.

I noted on my questionnaire that I haven't received the documents to proceed.

Could someone please let me know what I need to do now? Should I write to them again requesting the documents?

Thanks in advance.

Oh

Mentions
    895 Post(s)

Should I write to them again requesting the documents?
    No

Can you post/type up the Particulars of Claim (removing anything which could identify you) otherwise it's not easy to make suggestions.

So who is the Claimant, who are the solicitors, what is the claim for (credit card, overdraft, loan, utility bill, mobile phone account, catalogue debt etc) and how much is being claimed?

Di

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Sorry it had been some time since I last posted. I haven't really had a chance to do anything during the school holidays.

I think I have messed this up now and Court is coming up.

I received a witness statement today. I'm really upset about it as I couldn't respond nor did I feel that I needed to respond to what they sent me.

I still have not seen a credit agreement. I don't know what to do now. I'm so stressed.

I might have to upload the documents it 2 separate posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ohfreeme; 15th September 2017 at 09:20:AM. Reason: Removing personal info from attachments

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

Okay, you returned the N180 then had a letter from the court with a court date on ? Did that say when your Witness Statement needed to be filed/served ? ( you should be able to get back on track if you've only just got this from Lowell )

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

And could you possibly post the exhibit pages 1-3 ( that is what they are saying is the agreement ) ( black out person details of course) and if you can the Default Notice.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

Also Para 15 of their statement does say they sent the agreement after your initial request and have attached a copy of the letter - did you get that at the time they say they sent it ?

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to have to try an upland as a PDF as I'm having issues with the JPEGs.

please bare with me I'll upload shortly.

thank you so much for the quick response.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

If the file ends up too big to post feel free to email it to me ( I have bigger file allowances on here - perks lol ) [email protected]

Mentions
    895 Post(s)

I think I have messed this up now and Court is coming up.

I received a witness statement today. I'm really upset about it as I couldn't respond nor did I feel that I needed to respond to what they sent me.

I still have not seen a credit agreement. I don't know what to do now. I'm so stressed.
    Try not to feel stressed. You've been spooked by reading the Claimant's Witness Statement. Now is your chance to tell your side of the story in your Witness Statement.

Can you post/type up the Particulars of Claim (removing anything which could identify you) so it's clear what they are claiming and why they think they have the right to claim it.

You've filed your Defence with the help of another forum. Can you say roughly what you pleaded.

The Notice of Hearing would have given you the date of the hearing (when is it?) and also when you should file and serve your WS. This is sometimes 14 days before the hearing or a specific date.

You'll soon get things back on track with forum help

Di

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I'm attaching what I think you've both asked me for.

Here is my defence statement.

County Court Business Centre Northampton
    Claim Number: ****

Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD (Claimant)

Vs

(Defendant)

I would initially like it be noted on the Court File, I responded to the claimants solicitor letter (dated 13/04/2017) with the attached Pre Action Conduct letter dated 12/05/2017, requesting further information regarding the alleged debt. The Pre Action Conduct request was signed for by D*** on 15/**/2017.
    The Claimants Solicitors response (see attached) dated 17/**/2017 was received by the defendant.
    The requested documentation has not been sent to me.

I have also on the 12/**/2017 (see attached) sent a further request for information, as well as a request under Section 78.1 of the Consumer Credit Act to the claimant enclosing the statutory £1 fee, to date this request has been ignored, rendering this claim, under Section 78.6 of the CCA, unenforceable against me.

The Defendant denies monies are owed to the Claimant as alleged in the Particulars of Claim and does not recognise the assertion that any debt has been Legally Assigned to the Claimant and as such the Claimant is put to the strictest of proof, including but not limited to:

I. Pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974) the Original Signed Consumer Credit Agreement, along with a copy of the original Terms & Conditions and any subsequent changes in said Terms & Conditions (referred to as the ‘Regulated Agreement’ within the Particulars of Claim) and show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement.

II. Show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed by proving a full Statement of the Account referred to, including details of all payments made and calculation of how interest was charged against each item listed, leading to the Alleged Debt of £****.21
    III. Show how and when the agreement was breached and provide notice by way of Notice of Sums in Arrears served by the Original Owners along with a copy of the Default Notice from the original owners of the Alleged Debt and Certified Copies of how this was served upon the Defendant.

I. Show how the Claimant has the legal right / Absolute Assignment (as defined by Section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925) to issue a claim, by providing the following:

a) A copy of the Default Notice referred to in the Particulars of Claim and Certified Copies of how this was served upon the Defendant, again as referred to in the Particulars of Claim.

b) As claimant has stated the debt was ‘assigned to the claimant’ a copy of the Legal Assignment, including, but not limited to a copy of the Deed of Assignment, as specified by Lord Denning in his ruling in Van Lynn Developments v Pelias Construction Co Ltd 1968 [3] All ER 82, it is submitted that the mere fact of giving a notice does not, of itself, create an assignment and that there must be an actual assignment in existence. It is the actual Deed of Assignment, not just the Section 136 notice, under which the Claimant derives title to bring the claim and the Claimant is put to strict proof that such Assignment exists. It is further averred that I am entitled, in any event, to view the document of assignment as a matter of law (Van Lynn Developments v Pelias Construction Co Ltd 1968 [3] All ER 824. I require sight of the assignment so as to be satisfied that it is valid and that the alleged assignee, can give me good discharge of the debt as per s 136(1)c of the Law of Property Act 1925.

c) For the assignment of a debt to be effective (and so giving the Claimant a right of action) a valid Notice of Assignment must have been sufficiently served upon me using a registered postal service pursuant to s196(4) before proceedings were commenced. The Claimant is put to strict proof that any notice of assignment was sufficiently served on me before proceedings were commenced. Without this proof, the Claimant has no right of action. It is noted that by the Recorded Delivery Service Act 1962 a recorded delivery letter is equivalent to a registered letter and that under the Postal Services Act 2000 Schedule 8 any reference to registered post is to be construed as meaning a registered postal service (eg Royal Mail recorded delivery or special delivery).

d) As per C above, a copy of the alleged Notice of Assignment alleged to have been sent by the original creditor to the Defendant, and again details of how this was served upon the Defendant.

e) As the Claimant is claiming County Court Interest under Section 69 of County Courts Act 1984, details of the costs paid by the Claimant to the Original Owner for the Alleged Assignment of the Agreement on (as referenced in Section 2 of the Particulars of Claim) and I request the Claimant disclose EXACTLY how much they allege they paid for this account so the Court may assess whether County Court Interest is applicable to the full claim amount.

II. As per Civil Procedure Rule (PD) 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation (as set out in the Particulars of Claim) that the money is owed.

III. Also, as under Civil Procedure Rule Part 39 – Practice Direction 39a 3.3, I remind you of the requirement for each of the documents you use as ‘proof of your claim’, ‘the originals of the documents contained in the trial bundle, together with copies of any other court orders should be available at the trial’.

Statement of Truth

I believe the facts stated in this defence are true.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kati; 15th September 2017 at 11:34:AM.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I have emailed the second lot of docs to [email protected].

thank you so much for the reassurance. My best friend just removed me from from my house as if had baracaded myself in my bedroom crying .

she has taken me for coffee! X

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diana M View Post
    Try not to feel stressed. You've been spooked by reading the Claimant's Witness Statement. Now is your chance to tell your side of the story in your Witness Statement.

Can you post/type up the Particulars of Claim (removing anything which could identify you) so it's clear what they are claiming and why they think they have the right to claim it.

You've filed your Defence with the help of another forum. Can you say roughly what you pleaded.

The Notice of Hearing would have given you the date of the hearing (when is it?) and also when you should file and serve your WS. This is sometimes 14 days before the hearing or a specific date.

You'll soon get things back on track with forum help

Di
    Sorry I forgot to respond. My hearing is 27th of October I believe and documents need to be filed no later than September 29th.

i need to check this when I get back home.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

I'll check emails - glad you have good friends about you xxx Try not to be worrying - nothing is unfixable Enjoy your coffee ! ( have a muffin too )

Mentions
    895 Post(s)

My hearing is 27th of October I believe and documents need to be filed no later than September 29th.
    If that is the case then you have plenty of time to file your WS and you'll have the added advantage of seeing their WS and evidence first.

Even though receiving it this morning gave you a fright it has also done you a favour

Di

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Also Para 15 of their statement does say they sent the agreement after your initial request and have attached a copy of the letter - did you get that at the time they say they sent it ?
    I know it says that but it's a complete lie. They have never sent me a credit agreement.

just what I have posted/emailed.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

Can you check if your email might have bounced back ( possibly too big ) ? as nothing's appeared yet.... or try my personal email [email protected] - I have the other PDF you posted on here fine, but you'd left your name on the response pack so have modded it for now.

Is there no credit agreement attached to the witness statement ? If not, what is at pages 1 to 3 ?

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Can you check if your email might have bounced back ( possibly too big ) ? as nothing's appeared yet.... or try my personal email [email protected] - I have the other PDF you posted on here fine, but you'd left your name on the response pack so have modded it for now.

Is there no credit agreement attached to the witness statement ? If not, what is at pages 1 to 3 ?
    I've tried sending it again to the email address above.

They sent me a copy of a letter apparently from the OC but with no name attached.

They sent a table with some of my personal details, a print out of transactions and also the letter saying the credit agreement is attached.

I have not at any point received a credit agreement.

Is the letter that is meant to be from the OC even classed as evidence? I could knock up the letter myself in mins!

I didn't respond to them initially because I could tell the letter was fake from the OC. They where sent in the same envelope and I could tell it was badly put together on a word processor.

When Lowell sent me the claim letter, I was recovering from surgery and there wasn't much I could do as I was bed bound.

Before I lost my marbles,Data protection and fraud where my specialties, working in the public sector.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast