• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim after Minor Car Accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim after Minor Car Accident

As Des8 says you pay your insurance premiums for just this reason. Your son will not have to 'foot the bill' in any way whether they win or lose. He will have to declare the accident when he renews his insurance next time which will of course affect his premiums.
    The insurers know the score, just because someone makes a claim they also have to prove any loses they incur including providing medical reports to back up their assertion that they suffered the injury complained of.
    About 97% of claims settle without going to Court but even if it does this is the claimant's claim to prove. Your son would have to give a witness statement on his version of events on the day. Maybe get him to write it all down now while it's fresher in his mind and just put it somewhere safe.
    From the sounds of it the insurer may well defend the claim if they have any suspicions but again this is nothing for you to worry about.
    The only think I thought may be helpful is whether on the basis of their allegation the car spun would this actually have been possible in the carpark? if not maybe your son could go and take some photos of exactly where it happened and also draw a plan of his recollection of where other parked cars were etc, if it helps stop that allegation?
    Just a thought and not something he has to do but may be helpful.
    Please try not to worry as I say yep his insurance premium will no doubt rise next time but he won't have to 'pay' for this claim.
    Here if you need us.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Keybab please don't hijack a five year old thread

Start your own, and if you want assistance please give full details

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X