Thread: help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am working

• Display
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am working

help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am working with them for 2 months and at a meeting friday was told there is a 45 day consultation period to close the site by 2020 what I need to know is what rights do I have to any redundancy if any at the end of it and would being in a union help help please I am not sure if I am better to look for a new job or wait an see help v much appreciated

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Default Re: help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am workin

Are you employed by the agency and is it the agency that pays your salary? If so then you have no entitlement to redundancy. What you should try and get your agency to do is find out how long the company may want you to continue to work with them. If the timescale is short then ask the agency to see if they can have another assignment lined up for you.
    I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Re: help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am workin

the agency haven't said anything at all the company called us in an gave us the good news but i will call in morning the company say 2 years at least not sure if that is plus 45 the consultation period staff there say more like 4 years because the sites were they are moving the work to in romania there staff are paid peanuts an if you pay that you get monkeys. A lot of the work comes back to the site to correct so it could take longer just not sure what to do an had so much problems recently this is all i need. Thanks for replying