• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Idem - no contract for purchased debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idem - no contract for purchased debt

Hello,

I have an account with Idem and have asked for the credit agreement which they have acknowledged they can't provide. They have in the same letter said the balance is still outstanding though and they will continue to persue the debt including registering any defaults and arrears with credit agencies. It has already expired from my credit history as it has been longer than 6 years so my understanding is they can't add it again now. They have said they will contact me to discuss repayment proposals. They have sent me a statement of my payments to date which show it has decreased from £12,700 to £7,600 now so I have paid a lot back. I recently offered them a settlement figure of £1500 which they declined- before I had asked for the agreement. They said they want 80% of what is left owing. That was before this new letter. Please could you advise me what to do next.
    Tags: None

Re: Idem - no contract for purchased debt

If they can't produce the Consumer Credit Act agreement, the debt is unenforceable in court. Idem should not suggest otherwise to you. You can ignore any requests for repayment proposals. Or offer them £50 if you feel like it as a full & final settlement. It shouldn't reappear on your credit record and you should complain if it does.

Comment

Hi surely the debt is statue barred if over 6 years old?

Comment

But he recently made an offer to repay, which acknowledged the debt and reset the clock.

Comment

Oh yes that's a setback for him then.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X