• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SIP Manchester - Notice of impending legal action - advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIP Manchester - Notice of impending legal action - advice please

Hi, I apologise for opening a new topic, I have followed the IPC links in the stickies but my situation from what I've read seems to be different (although not sure if it is).

The driver parked at a carpark in Manchester where entry was via a manned barrier. The driver paid the man £3 for 3 hours of parking at around 8pm in the evening. The driver returned to the vehicle at around 10:30pm to extend parking as, however the driver found that the manned station where the tickets were issued was closed and there were no self service parking ticket machines anywhere. The driver returned to their vehicle at around 11:35 to find a PCN on the vehicle issued by SIP Manchester for having exceeded the time paid for.

There is now a 'Notice of impending legal action' which I really don't want to get out of hand.

I have attached the letter with this post. If I could be provided with an appropriate template to use to respond to these people or any advice would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by junadium; 16th June 2017, 14:07:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: SIP Manchester - Notice of impending legal action - advice please

Hi junadium, welcome to LB.

There does seem to be a problem with that car park.
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...d-Claim-Issued

Have you got the original windscreen ticket & Notice to Keeper?
    Btw, do not reveal the identity of the driver.
    Edit your post to 'the driver did XXX', etc.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: SIP Manchester - Notice of impending legal action - advice please

Post edited and thank you very much for the swift reply, having searched for both, I am unable to find both the original windscreen ticket and the NTK, would that be an issue? I can only find a previous 'payment overdue' letter which I have attached.

From what I have gathered the link provided addresses the issue of parking at the same car park but without any payment where SIP had actually issued a claim court. Although I did pay for parking, SIP acknowledges this as well by stating 'exceeded time', the fact that there was no way to pay for additional parking at that time and they haven't filed a claim yet. Is there anything I can write to SIP to essentially make them not file a court claim?

Thank you again.
      Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X