• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shooter V Lloyds *SUCCESS*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooter V Lloyds

Yes it's excellent news.

But let's not give up with trying to get your claimed charges sorted though as well

Will ponder on new strategy tomorrow !!!!!

Budgie

Comment

Hi Budgie

Thankyou for your reply

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
      Hi Shooter,

Do you have a seperate loan account with lloyds as well then Shooter? Yes I have what Lloyds call a LTSB Ccd Refinance Loan It was taken out in 2003 when they contacted me as I had another loan and a large (£2500) OD and was having problems keeping up with repayments and it was to pre-empt me getting further and further behind with payments.

Do you have anything in writing from them regarding their agreement that you were suffering finacial hardship? I will have soon see above post.

It's interesting that the guy called you about the "loan" but then made these adjustments to your current account. Also very interesting that he seemed to know nothing about the Hardship approach for return of charges on your current account. I think that's actually a good thing abd bears well for your pending hardship settlement request. However, I don't actually believe that he actually knew nothing about it. Neither do I,

The changes to your current account whilst appearing to help you in the short term are potentially going to cause you additional problems in the future. They are effectively increasing your overdraft to give you sufficient funds to pay their bloody charges. Before today I would have agreed with you as you are correct in what you have said, but now I can pay off the OD albeit at only £11 per month and my Loan repayments are now down to £20 p/m instead of £142, without worrying about charges etc for the time being. It does mean that my loan will last longer and I now have a marker on my credit file saying that I have an arrangement on the loan. I do actually intend to use a small inheiritance that I will receive in october to pay off both the OD and Loan.

I suggest chasing up Laura Baker by phone today. Explain what has happened regarding the phone call with Karl. Explain that you really need a fast resolution to your outstanding claims for recovery of your charges owing to your current financial hardship. LLoyds have pre-empted me by calling me.

Karl has now set the benchmark for recovery of your charges. £75 returned to you out of the total £77.49 charges due to be added in October. Will be great if that same ratio could be applied to all of your charges !!!!!!!!!! If only it had worked out that way I would have been almost totally debt free but as it goes I'll have to wait a little longer for that

Shame that I won't be getting my money back any time soon but as I've said above atleast some problems are now allieviated.

On a slightly different matter;

Do you think that as LLoyds have now said that I fulfill the FSA's criteria that when I get their letter I should use it to force A&L's hands to get them to also classify me as the same?

or if one bank agrees that I fulfill the criteria does it mean that I fulfill it for all of them?

LB's take on this would be most welcome
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Yes it's excellent news.

But let's not give up with trying to get your claimed charges sorted though as well

Budgie

Budgie, as always I welcome your input

I will lookout for your post

shooter
      Last edited by shooter; 14th August 2008, 23:59:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

I called the number this morning and the automated greeting described the department as the Credit Operations Customer Service Recovery Helpline, and I got straight through to someone called kevin. I explained what John Bundy had told Shooter -without mentioning her name or details of course - and asked him to confirm it. Although he was very cagey he refused to admit the exsistance of the new department or that it was now policy for Lloyds to freeze chages and interest on hardship claimants. After pressing him on the issue he offered to put me through to the Customer Support Dept but I got cut off and couldn't get through to the original number for the rest of the day.

It may be that John Bundy had told Shooter about this prematurely and that the department is not yet officially up and running.

I believe Shooter will be getting confirmation of the freeze on her account in writing shortly but I doubt it will shed any light on the new department.

I'll give it another shot on Monday.

Comment

Do you think that as LLoyds have now said that I fulfill the FSA's criteria that when I get their letter I should use it to force A&L's hands to get them to also classify me as the same?

or if one bank agrees that I fulfill the criteria does it mean that I fulfill it for all of them?

LB's take on this would be most welcome

Reference A and L - I would definitely persevere. they were one of the few to pay out on hardship cases after the waiver.

In fact they are the reason I have been trying to get hardship cases to keep on trying.

Try one of the letters regarding the new waiver terms and then post the repy.Sometimes you just have to be proactive and ask for attention from a supervisor and they may surprise you.
          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Yes it's excellent news.

Budgie

Any ideas yet Budgie?
            Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Hi all
              Heres a copy of the letter I received from Jon Bundy at LLoyds

Customer Service Recovery Centre
              Queen's Rd Quadrant
              4th Floor
              BRIGHTON
              BN1 3XJ

14th August 2008

Dear Shooter

Furher to our Telephone conversation on the 14th August 2008, I can confirm that you meet the Hardship criteria and as a result we have placed you on a new fixed payment plan of £** per month, with £** to be paid into your loan no. ************, and £11 into your bank account (**-**-** ********). This payment plan will comence on 19th August 2008, please note that you will nedd to pay £** cash into your loan account and £** cash into your bank account each month to cover these payments.

I can also confirm that a block has been placed on your account to prevent it from incurring any further charges, and this will be in place until 19th January 2009. Additinally I have deleted pending charges including interest accrued, totalling £**.**due out on 1st September 2008 and also charges due on the 1st October 2008 of £**.**, as a gesture of goodwill.

Yours sincerely

Jon Bundy
              Customer Service Recovery Centre

Well now we have an address at which to contact them

I now await advice on how to proceed with trying to get all my charges back.

Shooter xx

Comment

That is really good news hun. Stops any problems with them escalating.

yes I do think you can use this to help in your A&L claim.

With Lloyds now they have fulfilled the terms of the waiver so in reality your claim is stuck again until the outcome of the test case or the lifting of the waiver. The interest is building up so thats a plus.

What I would do however is write back to John Bundy and thank him for his consideration of you and that it will really help you get sorted, you are still concerned about xxxxxx and xxxxxxx debts and would they consider refunding any of the charge while you wait for the test case - you are aware that the OFT have told Lloyds that they consider their charges to be unfair and is likely they would have to repay them on conclusion of the test case and it would save them interest, and you building up further debts which would then mean less going into the lloyds account later etc type thing. (is your claim in the court system I dont recall sorry hun i get confuddled between cases - if so remind him of that)

just an idea.....formally they have fulfilled what is required of them and treated you properly so it is just a wait and i cant see a nudge would hurt.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Good luck shooter
                  great news that lloyds have finally begun to treat you fairly in your time of need, although i agree with Ame .... a nudge to get them to do more can't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    That is really good news hun. Stops any problems with them escalating.

yes I do think you can use this to help in your A&L claim.

With Lloyds now they have fulfilled the terms of the waiver so in reality your claim is stuck again until the outcome of the test case or the lifting of the waiver. The interest is building up so thats a plus.

What I would do however is write back to John Bundy and thank him for his consideration of you and that it will really help you get sorted, you are still concerned about xxxxxx and xxxxxxx debts and would they consider refunding any of the charge while you wait for the test case - you are aware that the OFT have told Lloyds that they consider their charges to be unfair and is likely they would have to repay them on conclusion of the test case and it would save them interest, and you building up further debts which would then mean less going into the lloyds account later etc type thing. (is your claim in the court system I dont recall sorry hun i get confuddled between cases - if so remind him of that)

just an idea.....formally they have fulfilled what is required of them and treated you properly so it is just a wait and i cant see a nudge would hurt.
                    I think this is the best approach Shooter. They are helping you with regards to the future but you also need some of the old charges paid back in advance of resolution of the test case owing to your financial hardship situation.

Budgie

Comment

Well the 20 days are now up and no letter from Laura Baker I will give her until Thursday's post arrives and if I still haven't received anything I shall be writing to her.

Comment

Shooter V Lloyds "looks like it's Round 2"

Here's an update

It looks like my victory was short lived
                        My arrangement ran out yesterday and for some unknown reason the arrangement on the bank accounts has 2 more months to run at NO interest or Charges and reducing the OD by £11 per month

The loan on the other hand is a different kettle of fish

They contacted me and at first didn't want to accept that all I could afford was still £20 per month as my circumstances haven't changed but have done so now the big problem is that they are now going to start charging interest again as the fella on the other end of the phone said as my circumstances haven't changed and I am making payments i now cannot have the interest frozen he also denies the special department that Jon Bundy told me about ( must admit that I found it difficult to understand everything he said due to his accent!!!)

The numbers don't add up with what he told me are my arrears on the account so I am going to try and contact Jon Bundy in the morning to sort this out

My main question is are they now not compling with the FSA waiver criterior for hardship cases as this is now going to cost me loads more on the loan and drag it out even further thereby aking them loads more money in interest!

Is there something I can do about this.......?

Answers on a postcard please. LOL

well at least I have quite lost my sense of humour..........YET!

seriously any sugestion would be greatly welcomed

Shooter x

Comment

Bumpty bump

Comment

Sorry not read thread and others will pick this up, but do you have in writing from them they would honour this agreement.

If you have kept up your part then you can slam them with an estoppel arguement mate.

Comment

Well talk about left not knowing what right is doing

Had another call today from the Collections Dept at Lloyds and this time they have extended my arrangement on the same basis as before NO INTEREST OR CHARGES on either accounts ( Current or Loan).

So panic over!!

Must say that when the chap from the bank had finished setting up the new agreement He was rather stuck for words when I said to him " Well now we have sorted out how you are getting the money I owe you, What are you prepared to offer me as interim payment of what you owe me?"

It didn't get me any where but it sure did feel good making them squirm for a change.

I can only assume that I got someones attention last night when I said that I would be contacting the FSA in regards to LLoyds not following the rules as to Hardship claims and that is why they have made an about turn. He is even putting it in writting. So I'll wait and see what it says before I celebrate!!

Shooter XX

Comment

well another update

I am now really and truly P**s*d off with these bunch of numpties

I have a payment arrangement with LLoyds collections dept for my loan (Loans Direct) for £20 per month to be taken by DD on the 19th of each month (I have this in writing)

Well having checked my account on line last night I found that they had taken the ful amount of £142 out but with todays date.

I called the loans dept who said I had to call another dept today, so I then called the general enquires line and asked that under the DD guarantee that they refund the full amount back into my account immediately. The woman on the other end of the phone said she couldn't do that and again that I need to speak to a different dept and that I would have to phone today and go through it all again with someone else and then they will transfer my call, apparently I can only be put through from customer services as theres no external number.

So at 8am I rang the bank and was put through to an indian call centre for the collections depatment.

I explained what the problem was and asked that under the Direct Debit Guarantee Indemnity they make an immediate refund to my account.

Their answer was that as my account is in collections that it cannot be done!

Do they think that the rule don't apply just because someones in finantial difficuly? surely this cannot be right! Another battle to fight later I suppose.

ANYWAY

I asked why this payment had even been taken and their response was (hope you're all sitting down for this) when we set up a payment arrangement we always try and take the full amount out just in case. Now come on who in their right mind is going to go through all this s**t to set up a payment arrangement if they can afford the full amount?!! also this didn't happen when I started the original arrangement last August, Just trying to cover their A**es I suppose although badly!

I spent 40mins on the phone agruing with them and getting no where, they said I would have to wait till the close of buisness and then it would take up to 5 working days for the money to get back to my account, Unacceptable I said,
                                then they sugested that they could authorise a counter payment to allow me some money ( they had left me totally pennyless), can't do that I said as I cannot get to a branch ( I've got no money, cars on the bottom of the red, so might JUST make it to the petrol station if I'm lucky and I'm in soo much pain there's no way I can walk over 2 miles to the nearest branch [couldn't even on a good day!!])

Getting more and more irrate at this point so I told them that either they comply with the DD Guarantee or I'm going to go to every official body there is with an official complaint.

well guess what suddenly a department that they told me wasn't open till 9.30am IS open and I am transfered through to the deptment that deals with the DD Guarantee indemnity scheme.

Finaly after almost an hour on the phone i am told that the money is being refunded immediately, Well why didn't they just do that to start with is what I'm asking myself.

30mins later and it's still not showing online. They've got till 10am and then I will be back on the phone and taking no prisoners.

What a rigmerole just to get this sorted out I have well and truly had it with lloyds and can't beleive that I have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire as my back up account is with Halifax

I know this has probably been asked a million times but has ANYONE got any suggestions as to how I can try get my charges back without having to wait till the test case is over, I know that it seams that they have fulfilled their obligation under the waiver hardship rules as they have allowed me a payment arrangement on the Current account OD and the loan but right now I would refuse any reasonable offer of a partial settlement until the outcome of the test case, My physical and Mental health is taking a down ward spiral at the moment so some of my posts my seem extreme. I appologise in advance for this.

Sorry for the long post but just had to get this off my chest so to speak and I know that I wont be judged by the people on here.

Thanks
                                Shooter xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X