• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Guilty failure to provide driver name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty failure to provide driver name

Hello,

Hope someone can help me. I moved house and didn't update DVLA. I got caught speeding but obviously didn't know. I fully accept it was me driving at the time. It's from 2015. Anyway I found out about it last week and attended court to make a statutory decleration today infront of magistrates. Anyway I pleaded guilty to the offence of failing to provide driver name. I was given 6 points on my licence. The confusing thing is they didn't request my licence today for processing and they actually don't have my correct date of birth which I've noticed on the statutory decleration just now. Do I need to contact them to get my date of birth amended and do I need to get the licence endorsed? Also, does this conviction need to be declared to my employer?
    Thank uou
    Tags: None

Re: Guilty failure to provide driver name

Hi and welcome.
    Points on licence are now recorded electronically and not physically stamped on the licence in your pocket

How far out is your date of birth? and has it always been wrong and would it have affected your right to drive?
    DoB is also used in your licence number.
    To correct it (and you should) write to DVLA and enclose your birth certificate.

Have your motor insurers the correct date?

Re your employer, they only need advising if a clean licence is a requirement of your employment, or if they arrange motor insurance for you.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. My licence has the correct date of birth but the form I signed in front of the magistrate had my date of birth as 1967 instead of 1976. I took a photo of it before I went in and just noticed this evening.
      So the court will update the DVLA? will that mean I don't need to send my licence off?

Comment

No need to send licence off and I wouldn't worry about the date error as it's obviously a typo no body noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          No need to send licence off and I wouldn't worry about the date error as it's obviously a typo no body noticed.
          Thanks Des, for your replies and reassurance. Will my driver record be automatically updated with the listed offence? I have a European Licence at the moment. Will this matter? Again thanks

Comment

I understand your UK record will note the points and offence.
            Essentially the same happens to persons convicted of an offence before they even have a licence.
            The DVLA create a licence number, which they wil send you, but no actual licence (a ghost licence)
            If and when you apply for a UK licence your records will be married.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              I understand your UK record will note the points and offence.
              Essentially the same happens to persons convicted of an offence before they even have a licence.
              The DVLA create a licence number, which they wil send you, but no actual licence (a ghost licence)
              If and when you apply for a UK licence your records will be married.
              Thank you again. I'm in the process of changing over my licence but will wait off a few weeks in case they need to see my current licence to drive. Should I expect to hear anything further from the court or the DVLA and will they send me the "code offence number so I can update my insurance company?
              Thanks very much

Comment

You should receive written notification of your "ghost licence" and offence code.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X