• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Limited V Montesoro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global Limited V Montesoro

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    Hi

For the sake of a little over £1 I would resend the CCA request to AG with a new cheque or postal order made out to AG. I always include the number of the cheque or postal order in my CCA requests, I also take scans of the letters and postal orders.

Personally I do feel the 'for statutory purposes only' is something of a red herring, it may have been useful in the dark ages when banks returned paid cheques to the customer for their records but now, once cashed they will never see the light of day again. If it makes you feel better though there is no harm in adding it.

In this type of thing it is all about being able to evidence a letter and payment was sent and received so anything you can keep will help
    Just yesterday I was looking at issues about postal orders.
    Apparently an uncrossed one is treated as cash.
    I would hate to think that my £1 went into the Claimants' 'Xmas pi$$-up fund'!
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Again I would ask for the PO to be crossed

Comment

That was a silly mistake to make!

I have printed off another letter so will nip to the post office before it shuts and re-send. I did cross the postal order at least, and will do again!

Comment

Keep the receipt with the PO number

Comment

Keep the receipt with the PO number
            I have kept everything, and will continue to do so. I re-sent the CCA letter on Friday, and am sending the SAR tomorrow.

I will post again if I get any reply

Comment

Update:

The SAR request to MBNA has been signed for but....

Arrow Global have refused to sign for my letters (both the original with the Postal Order mistake, and the corrected version. See the attached note from the Royal Mail website).

What happens now?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi

This must be a new trick by AG

Did you send it to 12 Booth St Manchester or the PO box on their website
                Arrow Global
                PO Box 5469
                Manchester
                M61 0LW
                United Kingdom

I would say that you have evidence you sent a lawful CCA request and they have effectively stuck their fingers in their ears and gone lalala

However [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=7765]Joanna C[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION]

See if they come up with any ideas.

I suppose you could send it special delivery which I guess is less likely to be refused

It is a disgrace they are doing this and I do think you should report them to the FCA although that does not help you at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

Another thought is send it along with a letter of complaint to their complaints department
                Arrow Global Limited
                Complaints Department
                1st Floor
                Templer, 25 Templer Avenue
                Farnborough
                Hants
                GU14 6FE

I may be overthinking this [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION]

Comment

Thanks, the address I sent it to was the one on the claim form from the County Court:

Arrow Global Limited
                  20-22 Bedford Row
                  London
                  WC1R 4JS

Comment

I would just resend via !st class post & get a free certificate of posting.
                    If AG want to argue with that, refer them to s7 Interpretation Act 1978.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by Montesoro View Post
                      Thanks, the address I sent it to was the one on the claim form from the County Court:

Arrow Global Limited
                      20-22 Bedford Row
                      London
                      WC1R 4JS
                      That is odd as its not their registered address or their communications address or complaints address

Charitynjw is talking sense.

Comment

That is odd as its not their registered address or their communications address or complaints address
                        If that's the address on the claim form it should be fine.

Charitynjw is talking sense.
                        Had to happen sooner or later....the Monkeys & Typewriters Act Nineteen Hundred & gone down the pub!.
                        ####
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Who are the solicitors bringing the claim for Arrow? ( that's usually the address for documents on the claim form ) Did you enclose a copy in the CPR request you sent to the Solicitors?

The CCA request wants to go to the address under Arrow's name ( the Claimant box) - and sending to the address on the claim form should be fine - you have evidence that the letter has been sent and they have refused to accept it. It does look like Arrow have moved from that address to the Manchester address, in Sept 2016. Presumably the mail forwarding has run out, but they should be using the correct address on a claim form by now !

19 Sep 2016 Registered office address changed from 20-22 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JS to Belvedere 12 Booth Street Manchester M2 4AW on 19 September 2016 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from 20-22 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JS to Belvedere 12 Booth Street Manchester M2 4AW on 19 September 2016 - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Who are the solicitors bringing the claim for Arrow? ( that's usually the address for documents on the claim form ) Did you enclose a copy in the CPR request you sent to the Solicitors?
                            Drydens. I have attached a photo of the top of the claim form with the addresses on. I sent the CCA letter to Arrow, and yes I did include a copy of it to Drydens. Which was sent on 16th June and has still not been delivered according to the Royal Mail website.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The CPR letter still hasn't been signed for according to the Royal Mail site, and it was sent on the 16th. I have re-sent the CCA letter/£1 PO as standard first class.

Is this going to effect what I put in my defence, which is due in about 10 days?

Comment

I would make sure you include in your defence the CCA request was sent to the claimants address as provided on the claim form -

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X