• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL application re car dealer. Two claimants details required but I cannot add two!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL application re car dealer. Two claimants details required but I cannot add two!

I had almost completed the MCOL application then saw I can only make the application in my name.

Does myself and my partner need to make a courtapplication together against the car dealer as we bought the car together?

However MCOL only allow one claimants name.

Does this mean that we cannot make the claim online?

Or can I make the claim solely in my name although wepurchased the car together?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: MCOL application re car dealer. Two claimants details required but I cannot add t

CPR 19.3(1) Where a claimant claims a remedy to which some other person is jointly entitled with him, all persons jointly entitled to the remedy must be parties unless the court orders otherwise.

So you apparently cannot use MCOL
    I believe in your earlier posts you said you received individual receipts.

Comment

Re: MCOL application re car dealer. Two claimants details required but I cannot add t

YOu can't use MCOL for two claimants, you would need to fill in the N1 form and send it to the Money Claims Business Centre Salford with the correct fee.

CCMC address: https://courttribunalfinder.service....s-centre-ccmcc

CCMC fees: https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...ney/court-fees

You would need to pay the paper fees depending on the amount being claimed. Alternatively you issue two claim on MCOL but your paying for two sets of fees which is not proportionate or reasonable and of course more costly.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X