• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gladstone Trace DRP ignored letters for unpaid PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gladstone Trace DRP ignored letters for unpaid PCN

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Just to be clear on this, they are chasing you for 1 parking event only, aren't they?
    Sorry, only just seen this. No, multiple, parking there under the advice 'they can't do anything'
    Last edited by Jam2017; 14th June 2017, 18:12:PM.

Comment

36?
      @ £160 a pop?
      Have you 'had a word' with whoever gave you that sound advice?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

36?
        @ £160 a pop?
        Have you 'had a word' with whoever gave you that sound advice?
        He has done it for over 10 years. He used the three letter process. I dunno what is going on. It is a mess.

What happens now? Who Should be responded to?
        Will each of these go to court seperate?
        Last edited by Jam2017; 14th June 2017, 18:13:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam2017 View Post
          He has done it for over 10 years. He used the three letter process. I dunno what is going on. It is a mess.

What do I do now? Who do I respond to?
          Will each of these go to court seperate?
          If it were me I'd concentrate on the one they are chasing for now.
          So, back to basics.
          Was there a windscreen ticket/notice given to driver?
          Was it ANPR?
          Do you have the original NTK? If so, can you post it up with the dates visible?
          Are they citing Protection of Freedoms Act?
          You've said that you are a long way further down the line on this, but background info is important.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If it were me I'd concentrate on the one they are chasing for now.
            So, back to basics.
            Was there a windscreen ticket/notice given to driver?
            Was it ANPR?
            Do you have the original NTK? If so, can you post it up with the dates visible?
            Are they citing Protection of Freedoms Act?
            You've said that you are a long way further down the line on this, but background info is important.
            All of them have taken place in an NCP carpark near work. The standard window parking ticket, thrown them all away and the letters from NCP, thrown all the subsequent letters from Trace aside from the most recent few, copy of which is attached abovE

It was not ANPR
            The carpark is on wasteground in the city. I have done a small bit of digging and I can't seem to find any planning permission for this area for NCP but lack of knowledge and knowing what I am looking for I may well be missing something.

Can I just ask, would the three letter process work for Trace and DRP? Could possibley nip these in the bud before they go to Solicitors.

- - - Updated - - -

Gladstone haven't included any details of what they are demanding money for on any correspondance.
            Last edited by Jam2017; 14th June 2017, 18:15:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kati View Post
              of course I will
              [MENTION=101860]Jam2017[/MENTION] ... I'd suggest you steered away from the 3 letter/BTBAB thing xx
              Would the three letter process work on the cases that are still with DRP or Trace? Just concious of timescales.

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]
              Last edited by Jam2017; 14th June 2017, 18:15:PM.

Comment

I don't know whether the 3 letter thingy works or not as I've never tried it or even researched it beyond a cursory look.

However, both DRP & Trace are only acting as debt collectors.

Apparently even some 'Gladstone' letters aren't actually Gladstones, but are just debt collector letters in disguise.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok. Apparently the three letter thing is used when a debt has been passed on.
                  Last edited by Jam2017; 14th June 2017, 18:16:PM.

Comment

Please let us know how you get on.

EDIT
                    It might be a bit of an own goal if they're not chasing for the other PCNs, though.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[QUOTE=charitynjw;733249]Please let us know how you get on.

EDIT
                      It might be a bit of an own goal if they're not chasing for the other PCNs, though.

What is your suggested plan of action from the above info on how to tackle Gladstones?

Comment

Can I just ask a question? (I'm not meaning to be judgmental here, merely trying to put myself in the court's shoes if possessed of the facts.......but trying not to id the driver).

Why would anyone park in a managed NCP car park 36 times & not pay?
                        It stretches credulity to think that one would fail to notice the signage?

Btw, I've had a look at the 3 letters.
                        I can't see how it would work on the debt collectors, though.
                        Imho, it's like tackling the monkey when it's the organ grinder you really need to deal with.
                        Last edited by charitynjw; 14th June 2017, 17:31:PM.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

People have been parking there for years and never paid. So their advice was followed
                          Last edited by Jam2017; 14th June 2017, 18:16:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam2017 View Post
                            I know a few people who have been parking there for years and never paid. So their advice was followed.
                            As stated, don't identify the driver.
                            Even by implication.
                            Probably wise to edit your posts accordingly.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Grand.

Comment

Btw, I've had a look at the 3 letters.
                                I can't see how it would work on the debt collectors, though.
                                Imho, it's like tackling the monkey when it's the organ grinder you really need to deal with.
                                How would This be done?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X