• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome finance/ Robinson Way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome finance/ Robinson Way

My husband received letters a while ago from RW regarding an old WF loan. The loan in question was taken out in 2008 as, he believed at the time, an unsecured loan. No payments have been made on the account since April 2010 & no contact in either direction. He received a copy of the credit agreement yesterday. In tiny letters it states it's a secured loan however, there's only one signature on the document. The property was jointly owned by both of us at the time so I can't see how they could have made it a secured loan without my signature. Property was repossessed & sold Jan 2011. Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome finance/ Robinson Way

Was the property repossessed by Welcome or another creditor ( mortgage co) ?

Were there any second charges listed on the property at the time it was reposessed ?

Really if the property has been repo'd and sold by someone other than Welcome then the debt is now unsecured anyway however it may affect whether the debt is time barred if it was originally a secured loan.

I'm not sure if the repossession that made it unsecured would have reset the limitations down to 6 years from that point.

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for such a quick response! The property was repossessed by the mortgage company. I've sent off for a copy of the deeds to see if there was any other charge. It's quite confusing as far as it being statute barred is concerned. I don't even know if it could legally be classed as a secured loan without signatures of both owners?
      Thanks again for your help.

Comment

It could yes, if the property is held as joint beneficial tenants then the charge for one party as debtor would be over the property as a whole, if held as tenants in common the charge would only be over the part of the property owned by the debtor. Most houses bought as a couple are as joint beneficial tenants.

What's happening with Rob Way at the moment - are they threatening court to recover the debt remaining on the Welcome loan ?

How much approx was the original loan for ?

Would you be able to scan and post up the agreement ( minus personal info )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,
          RobWay are threatening 'further action. Nothing specific at the moment. They did send someone to the house a couple of times but after sending a 'no harassment'letter we've had no further visits.
          The debt is not showing on my husbands credit file.
          The original loan was for approx 18000, as it's a copy of the agreement it's quite hard to make out.
          I've scanned it and redacted personal info, but I can't figure out how to upload it I'm afraid. I've included a link to the image hosting page. Hopefully you can view it there. https://ibb.co/fDg2Nk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X