• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke / Cabot trying for CCJ against satisfied debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke / Cabot trying for CCJ against satisfied debt

Hi guys,

3 / 4 years ago I had a car on finance (santander consumer UK) to which I hit bad times and as a result I could not afford the re payments and after 4 months I told them and they said I would have to "give up" the car to which I agreed and 2 agents / bailifs (not sure what to call them) came and collected the car

They told me that Santander would probably not pursue me for any remaining balance after the car was sold, they said to wait to see if I heard anything to which I didn't. I don't even know how much the car sold for.

Now fast forward to this year I have received a letter from Cabot Financial apparently claiming to have bought the debt and they have passed it onto Mortimer Clarke Solictors

I have received a letter today from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors which basically says "As you are aware a County Court Judgement has been entered against you under Claim number XXXXXX and we ask you to pay the outstanding sum of £XXXX.XX direct within 14 days"

For starters I have not received any official paperwork from any court and the claim number on the paperwork does not have the password needed to check it on the money claim service?

Now the default date from Santander they are saying is 18/07/2014 and the debt is showing on my credit file as Satisfied on 29/03/2017

How can they go after me for this? Taking into account the car was given back as agreed and I heard nothing back from santander in the 3 years after in regards to any payment, and also the amount that Mortimer Clarke Solictors is asking for is for the FULL amount of the credit agreement so obviously not taking into account payments I made or less the cost of the car that sold at auction?

Any advise please, I have dealt with all my debts and am currently paying over £300 a month to other debtors to clear them in 1 year and that includes 1 CCJ I already agreed against me so in terms of this one I do not agree it is correct but even if it was I have no more disposable income to give!
    Tags: None

Re: Mortimer Clarke / Cabot trying for CCJ against satisfied debt

I have checked my credit report and there is now a country court claim on my file for this for £6300, despite never receiving anything from the courts as to date or allowed to dispute it? How is this even possible I genuinely believe I do not owe this amount or the debt as Santander have satisfied it and the car was given back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X