• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speeding advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding advice

I've been caught speeding in the last few days doing 41 in a 30. It was human error which I told the officers with the gun. They've said the worst I will get is 3 points and a fine, as I've never been pulled over for anything, never had a course or any points. And will probably only get a speed awareness course. Is this true? I'm disabled and rely on my car for everything, so I'm very worried.
    Tags: None

Re: Speeding advice

is this going to court?

Comment

No only just happened

- - - Updated - - -

I won't be taking it to court, the worry would be too much on my health etc.

Comment

If not court you will be given a fixed penalty fine and points problem could be you were 11 miles over the limit may still be taken to court its a case of wait and see or wait for some more advice

Comment

She said with the new law minimum to take to court is 50 In a 30. Unless other circumstances like being drunk etc.

Comment

Should just be a fine and points if you accept the offence when its sent to you no ban

Comment

Sentencing guidelines can be found here: https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...-revised-2017/

41 mph in 30mph area warrants a band B fine, plus a ban of 7 to 28 days OR 4- 6 points.
              Factors which mitigate are no previous convictions, good character &/or exemplary conduct

When you receive a summons and if you are allowed to plead by letter do so explaining the "error" (so long as it does make it sound as if you were driving without due care and attention!) &
              confirm your clean licence for the last hundreds of years

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X