• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP PLEASE ! CCClaim Form from Restons on behalf of Cabot finance for loan in 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE ! CCClaim Form from Restons on behalf of Cabot finance for loan in 2005

Hi,<br><br> as stated in heading, on my C.C.Claim Form it says ...."The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance from the Defendant under a contract between the Defendant and Lloyds Banking Group dated on or about Apr 2005 and assigned to the claimant on Oct 29 2016......the value of the debt is £5349.74 + court fee £410.00 &amp; Legal rep costs £100.00...."<br><br>I did have a personal loan with Lloyds TSB (as it was) taken in 2003 for around £3000.00 with P.I.P I kept payments for a good length of time but then missed a few months sporadically and eventually they sent my credit to a special division within Lloyds TSB where they came up with a lower payback plan to help me. To my knowledge I had paid this loan but stupidly do not remember receiving a letter to say as such. TBH I thought as it was my own bank if there were any problems then they would deal with me.<br><br>Fast forward to &nbsp;Feb 2015 and I received letters from Westcot Debt Recovery claiming I owed them £5349.74 to which I called them and basically queried this to which they were only interested in doing a deal. I ended by saying we'll do a deal when you prove I owe the said amount. They sent a few further letters then nothing say around Oct 2015. I truly thought they were trying it on. Then in early 2016 I began receiving similar letters from Cabot for the dame amount. I ignored these at first until they sent a letter warning me they intended to take me to court.&nbsp;<br><br>I called my bank at this point (now Lloyds Bank) and discussed with someone on the phone who said they could find nothing at all (outstanding or otherwise she said "I cannot find any loan at all") on my account and to ask for a credit agreement with my signature on for Cabot.<br><br>So I called Cabot and said I would need a copy of this and they said O.k. and I have not received any credit agreement only the county court claim.<br><br>A friend told me about you website and how there are a few differant options either Statute Barred Debt or making they provide the original credit agreement so I wish for some advise on the next step(s).<br><br>Thank you<br><br>
    Tags: None

Help !! Received a County Court Claim from Restons for a loan in 2005

Hi,

as stated in heading, on my C.C.Claim Form it says ...."The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance from the Defendant under a contract between the Defendant and Lloyds Banking Group dated on or about Apr 2005 and assigned to the claimant on Oct 29 2016......the value of the debt is £5349.74 + court fee £410.00 & Legal rep costs £100.00...."

I did have a personal loan with Lloyds TSB (as it was) taken in 2003 for around £3000.00 with P.I.P I kept payments for a good length of time but then missed a few months sporadically and eventually they sent my credit to a special division within Lloyds TSB where they came up with a lower payback plan to help me. To my knowledge I had paid this loan but stupidly do not remember receiving a letter to say as such. TBH I thought as it was my own bank if there were any problems then they would deal with me.

Fast forward to Feb 2015 and I received letters from Westcot Debt Recovery claiming I owed them £5349.74 to which I called them and basically queried this to which they were only interested in doing a deal. I ended by saying we'll do a deal when you prove I owe the said amount. They sent a few further letters then nothing say around Oct 2015. I truly thought they were trying it on. Then in early 2016 I began receiving similar letters from Cabot for the dame amount. I ignored these at first until they sent a letter warning me they intended to take me to court.

I called my bank at this point (now Lloyds Bank) and discussed with someone on the phone who said they could find nothing at all (outstanding or otherwise she said "I cannot find any loan at all") on my account and to ask for a credit agreement with my signature on for Cabot.

So I called Cabot and said I would need a copy of this and they said O.k. and I have not received any credit agreement only the county court claim.

A friend told me about you website and how there are a few differant options either Statute Barred Debt or making they provide the original credit agreement so I wish for some advise on the next best step(s).

Thank you

Comment

Re: HELP PLEASE ! CCClaim Form from Restons on behalf of Cabot finance for loan in 20

Hi eden1973, welcome to LB.

Have you filed an acknowledgement of the claim at the court?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Help !! Received a County Court Claim from Restons for a loan in 2005

Hi eden

I've replied on your other thread.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: HELP PLEASE ! CCClaim Form from Restons on behalf of Cabot finance for loan in 20

Hi

No I have not done anything yet, I only received the claim yesterday even though dated 5 June 2017.

Comment

These are your next steps

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...322#post418322

Di

Comment

Re: Help !! Received a County Court Claim from Restons for a loan in 2005

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              Hi eden

I've replied on your other thread.
              So did I

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...563#post732563

It may make sense to merge your threads to avoid confusion. Ask [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] if she could help you to do that.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X