• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wage day advance, MMF and Moriarty Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wage day advance, MMF and Moriarty Law

Hi all,
    Recently received an email from Moriarty Law saying that an MMF account had been transferred to them for payment. I had had a lot of trouble with MMF in 2014, including them sending me a contract chasing a debt that wasn't even in my name !! Never heard a thing from them again until this latest email. So I asked for Moriarty Law to send me the details of any and all paperwork relating to MMF and Wage day Advance that they held as I knew nothing of the debt.
    Well today I have received..
    1) Letter from Moriarty, telling me the relevant docs were enclosed and I have 14 days to make contact about the debt, otherwise further action will take place on the account. Debt outstanding on this letter is £988.75.
    2) Document 1, From who I am assuming is Wageday Advance, as no name on the typed up letter, no date on letter either, just a ref number and outstanding balance £1020.65 (obviously not the same as the above debt!) and telling me debt now transferred to MMF.
    3) Document 2, Supposedly original credit agreement from Wageday Advance, with completely different ref number, amount borrowed says £200, and marked with an X at signature point with date at 07/10/2008 !!
    So am I right in thinking straight away, as I have no knowledge of the account and it is nearly 9 years old according to "original dubious docs" it is or should be statue barred. Also, that they should be providing a lot more than an undated letter with no name on it as "proof" of said debt. And lastly, how can they get the amounts outstanding wrong, Ranging from a £200 debt then a £988 debt and not forgetting the £1020 debt all relating to the same supposed loan. Am I right in thinking that seeing as I don't acknowledge the debt, that they cant really do anymore with all of the above than just huff and puff, that I don't have to reply to them and can just let nature take its course.
    Tags: None

Re: Wage day advance, MMF and Moriarty Law

Sorry that I can't offer any more advice but I am currently in a similar situation.

Did you email them for the documents you asked for or did you write them?

Any further outcome from this?

cheers,

Dan.

Comment

Re: Wage day advance, MMF and Moriarty Law

I suggest you start your own thread over here: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...ort-term-Loans

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X