• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nationwide Loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide Loans

Hi, i defaulted on a nationwide loan back in 2014. Loan was for 20K and is around 8K in arrears. The debt was passed on to KPR to recover, the last i heard from them was a Final Notice 13th June 2014. It the went back to Nationwide who sent me default notices, sums in arrears up untill the 19th March 2015. I have had no other correspondence untill today which i have attached. Unless im mistaken i cant see anything on my credit file either.
    Should i respond?

PS I bank with Nationwide which i know is a massive no, and i have looked into the loans terms and conditions and they can recover the money from there. This has really confused me as i have no idea what the letter is actually trying to say.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EXC; 7th June 2017, 16:34:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Nationwide Loans

You have left your name on the letter

maybe you want to remove it

Comment

I've removed your name from the doc.

Comment

Bugger that was quick

Comment

Dam, I'm normally meticulous checking things like that! I'll be more diligent in future

Comment

Any advice on what the letter actually means and wether I should respond?

Comment

Hmmm interesting. Sounds like they may have been ticked off for not supplying arrears notices which means that the interest charged on the loan during the period they failed to send the notices is invalid and would be repaid ( or taken off the total owing) , so may have wiped out the remaining debt. If the debt did still appear on your credit file then it seems they are offering to add a notice of correction stating the debt is unenforceable ( I'm sure if it did appear on the credit file then it would be better to actually remove it or correct the amount showing ) but if nothing is showing on your credit file I don't think you need worry.

If it defaulted in 2014 then it should still show on your credit file - anything else showing under another creditor that could be this ?
              I guess if the entire loan has had interest removed the entire debt could have been removed from your file. The copies of Default notices and whatnot they sent you - did that cover the entire period of the loan ? What was the accompanying letter? and was that where they first offered to add a Notice of correction ?

I think I might be sending a subject access request to Nationwide to find out exactly what happened to the interest they shouldn't have charged due to their failings with regard the CCA.
              Last edited by Amethyst; 8th June 2017, 10:04:AM.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Hmmm interesting. Sounds like they may have been ticked off for not supplying arrears notices which means that the interest charged on the loan during the period they failed to send the notices is invalid and would be repaid ( or taken off the total owing) , so may have wiped out the remaining debt. If the debt did still appear on your credit file then it seems they are offering to add a notice of correction stating the debt is unenforceable ( I'm sure if it did appear on the credit file then it would be better to actually remove it or correct the amount showing ) but if nothing is showing on your credit file I don't think you need worry.

If it defaulted in 2014 then it should still show on your credit file - anything else showing under another creditor that could be this ?
                I guess if the entire loan has had interest removed the entire debt could have been removed from your file. The copies of Default notices and whatnot they sent you - did that cover the entire period of the loan ? What was the accompanying letter? and was that where they first offered to add a Notice of correction ?

I think I might be sending a subject access request to Nationwide to find out exactly what happened to the interest they shouldn't have charged due to their failings with regard the CCA.

There was no accompanying letter with the one above, I'll have to answer the other questions when I'm with the paper work at home.
                I just checked my credit file and the nationwide is there under closed accounts for just over 7.5k

Comment

Ok...

March 2014 Default Notice
                  April 2014 default Notice
                  Mid April Notice of Sums in Arrears (all 3 for the same amount of ££ )
                  Late April Default Notice (for an increased amount)
                  Late September 2014 Notice of Sums in arrears (it gives no amount in arrears)

Then i have nothing untill March 2015 when i receive Notice of Sums in arrears which is now for the full balance remaining. The accompanying letters to the default notices simply say if i dont pay they may commence legal proceedings.

Do i want to send a subject access request? If im not being chased should i not just continue as i am? The way i read the letter is that something would be cleared on my credit file that would benefit me, to put something on it against me then nationwide would just do it and not ask me before hand.

Comment

Hi Warpa

Got your PM

If you want a solicitor you could look at their profiles and contact them or look at LB compare
                    http://lbcompare.co.uk/services/
                    [MENTION=7765]Joanna C[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Pt2537 not sure how you tag anyone on here, but you do know me from a professional point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Warpa View Post
                        Pt2537 not sure how you tag anyone on here, but you do know me from a professional point of view.
                        In which case it may not be appropriate for me ( [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] ) or @Joanna C to comment on your thread to avoid conflicting advice.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          In which case it may not be appropriate for me ( @Diana M ) or @Joanna C to comment on your thread to avoid conflicting advice.

Di
                          Di

Warpa asked me by PM to tag some solicitors hence my tagging you and Joanna .

I believe the PT2537 is assisting Warpa in another case entirely

Only trying to help

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                            Di

Warpa asked me by PM to tag some solicitors hence my tagging you and Joanna .

I believe the PT2537 is assisting Warpa in another case entirely

Only trying to help
                            You are helping

I was also trying to help when I saw the OP was already being helped by PT2537 so we wouldn't confuse things by offering help too.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                              You are helping

I was also trying to help when I saw the OP was already being helped by PT2537 so we wouldn't confuse things by offering help too.

Di
                              Hi Di, this is completely separate from any other post I have here. I thought this nationwide one was a distant memory and untill this post Warwick was the only one I had pm'ed about it a few weeks ago.
                              Regarding PT assisting me I didn't want to say much with this being a public forum.
                              You have helped me on my other topics and again what PT is assisting me with is not even on this forum.
                              Sorry if I've upset any or stepped on any toes :/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X