• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Final notice intention to remove goods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final notice intention to remove goods

I have received a final notice intention to temove goods letter, in regards to an amount oweing for council tax, barring in mind they have never seen me for ive been out with my disabled husband ..and posted the letters through my letter box. I came home yesterday to find this letter though my letterbox. I have moved within 3 weeks so this notice was put through my new address. They are saying i need to pay immediately but we are on ESA...dissability (high rate) and im regesterd as my hubbys carer. Please can u give me some advise please ? Ive also wrote to the council to ask for the debt to be returned to them and agree to an amount to be taken from our esa...do i inform rossendales that ive done this or not ? For hes put he will return this week before 9pm and one morning this week after 6am ...please help !!
    Tags: None

Re: Final notice intention to remove goods

Have you had letters previously from the Council about this? Are you aware they have a Liability Order that has been granted against you?

Comment

Not had anything from council but a letter to do with a liability order ?

Comment

In that case you need to contact the Council & ask?

1 - How many Liability Orders there are
        2 - How much each one is for
        3 - The address for each one
        4 - The period of time each one covers
        5 - How many have been forwarded for Enforcement action
        6 - the amount of any payments made including date

If they cannot answer straightaway then also ask that Enforcement be put on hold while you seek answers. It will not harm to tell them your income is solely ESA.

Comment

Ok thank u ..

Comment

I assume you are still living within the same Council authority as the one you owe to. If you get the run around from the Council you can make a formal complaint to the Council CEO and/or involve your local Councillor - this best done initially by phone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X