• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary pcp cancellation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary pcp cancellation.

I'm hoping someone can help. I have had my car through pcp for 2 years (agreement for 48 months signed on the 3rd of June 2015) I was wanting to hand it back and when I phoned the guy said I would have to pay £2295.82 plus £75 collection fee. However when I was talking to my friend that has done the same, although she only had 1 year left, she was telling me about this page and had said she didn't pay anything back. I was wondering if someone can help me through this please as I would be very happy not to pay that price! Many thanks
    Last edited by Kirstym27; 5th June 2017, 20:42:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary pcp cancellation.

What did you actually tell them you wanted to do? You seem to want to just hand the car back and threfore you wouls be liable for the sum mentioned.

Try saying that you are going to Voluntary Terminate the agreement as you have paid more than 50%. And see what they say to that.

Comment

I lied and said I didn't need 2 cars anymore as I actually have 2 cars with them. I just want out of the finance and a wee run around instead so I'm not paying a fortune a month! My half way payment is the 3rd of july so I can try that after that date? Do you think it will be less? Thank you

Comment

You can Voluntary Terminate after 50% is paid and you owe them nothing. Look in your agreement and see what it says about termination. Some agreements VY doesn't apply but I don't think this is the case with this. Search around the forum for "VT" or "voluntary termination" to get some better idea on the matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X