• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Repercussions of publishing documents online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repercussions of publishing documents online

If I published documents online which showed beyond any doubt that a well known employment law consultancy firm gave false information to an employment tribunal, or permitted false information to be given by their client, what repercussions could I face?

I was thinking along the lines of 'Libel', but doesn't that only apply if the information I publish is not true?

I cant report this firm for giving false information because they are not regulated so there is no one to report them to as far as I know.
    Tags: None

Re: Repercussions of publishing documents online

Are the documents privileged ?

http://www.onebrickcourt.co.uk/files...ings_96247.pdf
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Some documents are not privileged, but on their own mean nothing. Put those documents with respondent written statements and the written reasons for the et decision, then all becomes clear.

After reading that link you posted im not sure if respondent written statements and the written reasons for the et decision are privileged.

Comment

Seems the only way to find out is to publish and see what happens. Watch this space!

Comment

Use the TORY system and a VPN to post them to wiki leaks and then use a link. If you configure these properly you will have two levels of end to end encryption and the IP address will put you another country. If you use a public computer anywhere you should also do this.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
            Use the TORY system and a VPN to post them to wiki leaks and then use a link. If you configure these properly you will have two levels of end to end encryption and the IP address will put you another country. If you use a public computer anywhere you should also do this.
            Thanks for that but if I publish I want them to know it was me who did it. Because of the false information they gave and allowed at tribunal, any chance I had of compensation was taken away from me. Because I am still unemployed i am living off benefits. If the worst that could happen is I get fined, then I will take the risk just to get the information out there and pay any fine off at £5 a week. They will lose far more than I will once the information is published.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
              Some documents are not privileged, but on their own mean nothing. Put those documents with respondent written statements and the written reasons for the et decision, then all becomes clear.

After reading that link you posted im not sure if respondent written statements and the written reasons for the et decision are privileged.
              I believe that iIf it is an Employment Tribunal then documents are public unless the court has made an order otherwise.

Sec 50 Sch.1 of this Employment Tribunals (Constitution and Rules of Procedure) Regulations 2013 ( http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/1/made ) seems to back that up.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
                Thanks for that but if I publish I want them to know it was me who did it. Because of the false information they gave and allowed at tribunal, any chance I had of compensation was taken away from me. Because I am still unemployed i am living off benefits. If the worst that could happen is I get fined, then I will take the risk just to get the information out there and pay any fine off at £5 a week. They will lose far more than I will once the information is published.
                Were you not given opportunity to defend the false information at the Tribunal ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I didnt have these documents at the time. All I could do was say the things that were being said werent true. It was their word against mine and the tribunal took theirs.

Comment

This might be of some interest
                    https://www.girlings.com/latest/how-...ment-tribunals
                    There is a public register of tribunal claims but, since 2004, the only documents entered on it are judgments (including costs orders) and written reasons for judgments. Pleadings (claim forms and defences), witness statements and tribunal bundles are not made available to the public.

There are also circumstances in which access to judgments and written reasons is restricted where evidence has been heard in private and the employment judge orders that the written reasons are to be omitted from the public register. These usually concern cases involving allegations of sexual misconduct or disability discrimination cases where the tribunal has heard evidence of a personal nature (and made a restricted reporting order).

Copies of judgments and written reasons kept on the Public Register can be obtained either in person by visiting the tribunal regional office in Bury St Edmunds or in writing, quoting the names of both parties and enclosing payment of an administration fee.

It might be worth trying to get some formal advice on publication of the parts you are thinking of before doing so and the rules/regulations seem to be a little confused. On one hand there is transparency, on the other data protection.
                    Last edited by Amethyst; 7th June 2017, 09:28:AM.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for the link it was an interesting read. Glad to see one HR firm believed so much in Freedom of Information that they challenged when information was not disclosed.

Comment

Before I get around to publishing, would it be worth giving all the information and documents to the police for them to investigate? I dont know what it would be classed as but it must be some sort of crime to give false information to an employment tribunal, or permit false information to be given. If its likely the police wont investigate or wont do anything to bring the company concerned to account then I will just publish.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X