• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CEL parking and ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEL parking and ccj

im having a problem with civil enforcement, i got a form through the post to say CEL was taking me to county court but the letter looks likea photocopie and the court seal is printed and is not signed, was advised to go and register with MCOP on line and send in the acknowledgement of claim which i did, did not hear from the court to say it had being seen, but got a email form a court site saying they would email in 5 to 10 days but heard nothing i then get a form again which looks printed badly saying the judgment has being done by default so would like to know if the court papers are real and if they are not can i do something about it
    Tags: None

Re: CEL parking and ccj

Yes they are real. You failed to follow the instructions on the original court form you received and did not submit a defence within 28 days. The court do not prompt you. If you are doubting whether the forms are real then phone the court and ask.

Best would be just pay within a month so that a CCJ is not recorded against you, giving you problems for the next 6 years.

You could apply for the judgement to be overturned but you need a good reason and not responding is not a good reason, and it would cost you £250 or so.

Comment

yes the forms are real did check with my local court and techinical you have 14 days unless you tell the courts

Comment

You needed to acknowledge the claim within 14 days, which you did. This gives you till day 28 after service to submit a defence to the court. Then, after some paperwork the case would have been transferred to you local court.

It would appear that you acknowledged the claim but failed to supply a defence within 33 days from the date of issue. CEL then applied for judgement by default as no defence had been entered to the court.

If it is still within a month of the default judgement then it would be advisable to pay so that a CCJ is not recorded against your name. If it is past the month then the cost of trying to overturn it could be more than the cost of the judgement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X