• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi and help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi and help!

Thank you so much for everything. I am a worried but have never had anything like this before.

- - - Updated - - -

How much is the fee please?

Comment

£255 unles you can get Remission? i.e.on
      certain benifits

- - - Updated - - -

slow down and help will be on the way asked for then you can be advised what to put on the form? over the wekend

Comment

Wow £255...im not on benefits but that's a lot of money ��.
        I have also emailed the court too

Comment

need to concentrate on this judgment, as the set aside will deal with the fact the N1 form not received, afraid that is the Torys fee increases they brought in use to be £155, help has been asked for, bit late now maybe in the morning people will comment advise furter. meantime can you give more details i.e. what for> taken out . Last payment, default date etc>

- - - Updated - - -
          @Diana M @Amethist @joeconnolly

- - - Updated - - -

see pt is on linne try and get him to pop in here @pt2537

Comment

Hi
            Any fee is not just for people on benefits its also for people on low income
            https://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/fee-...alculator.aspx

Don't panic just yet, lets find out what the judgement is for

A couple of questions, have you moved in the last few years/months?

If and I do mean if you find you need to pay, they will likely take a payment schedule

Its a Saturday night and people may not be around, also you can not get hold of the court or resting until Monday.

Comment

Hi I'm not sure what it's for. I can only assume it's a catalogue debt from a long time ago. I've no idea when last payment was. Sorry I'm not much help. Is it worth me just asking to pay by instalments if that's wgat will happen anyway. Is it worth paying the £255 then finding out I have to pay it anyway? Would they accept instalments?....i hope so.

Not moved house no.
              Thank you so much Warwick and others you guys are great and really helpful.

Comment

Stop panicking

How do you eat an elephant - one bite at a time!

lets find out what its for and when its from

Then decide if you may have a defence to the claim and why you didn't get the claim form

Then decide if you you get fee remission or if the solicitors will agree to a set aside

Then take it from there and decide if paying by instalments is the pragmatic decision or if you should fight

Less of the what if this and what if that , it helps no one, least of all you however I am a total hypocrite as i would be on what if 10 by now

Comment

littlewoods/shop direct catalogue? Capquest deal a lot of theirs. no panic for now, if it came to it installments could be arrannged in a few form only as a last resort if deemed payable, as but shop direct cases usually faulty hence more work on this needed await for further help, to-morrow, Monday is another day so no panic?

Comment

Paul is poping in here in a minute so wait for his comments?

Comment

Yes littlewoods.
                      I know I'm a panicker....i really apologise

Comment

Hi

Do we know whether the Claim was issued against an address where you no longer live? or was it issued against your present adress?

Depending on the answer may well depend on which provision of the CPR you will need to rely on to challenge the judgment. If the Claimant failed to serve the claim on the correct address then you may be able to challenge the judgment under CPR rule 13.2 https://consumercreditlitigationandd...new-was-wrong/

if not then you will need to apply under CPR 13.3 and will need to prepare a defence to accompany the application to set aside.

If you have any questions, ask,
                        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi I haven't moved so must have sent to the same address as this judgement was sent but have had nothing that resembles anything from the court.

Comment

Worrried can you answer Paul 1st question:- Do we know whether the Claim was issued against an address where you no longer live? or was it issued against your present adress?

Depending on the answer may well depend on which provision of the CPR you will need to rely on to challenge the judgment. If the Claimant failed to serve the claim on the correct address then you may be able to challenge the judgment under CPR rule 13.2 https://consumercreditlitigationandd...new-was-

- - - Updated - - -

sorry see you have done that now posting same time

Comment

Thanks worried. Ok well one thing that may be worth doing is checking with the Court to find out if the Claimform was returned undelivered? if so, then you may have a chance of challenging the Claim for defective service under CPR 13.2 otherwise you are going to have to make an application to the Court to set judgment aside.

Making an application does bring with it risks, if you lose you could be ordered to pay the opponents legal costs, so you need to bear that in mind, also you need to pay the Court fee of £255 to apply.
                              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Ok thanks PT. I will ask that question of the courts first. If it wasn't and I'm not comfortable taking those risks (as I'm a mardy!) Who do I ask to pay in instalments? The court?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X