• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Express - Repossession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Express - Repossession

Hi
    The Mortgage Express is repossessing my Buy to let property. I purchased the house 10 years ago and the term was up on 31st Dec 2016. I am still paying my monthly mortgage payments to this day. I began a remortgage in Oct 2016 but it was delayed as my mortgage broker had family problems around the Nov. The Mortgage Express was contacted and informed and they gave me until May 2017 to arrange a mortgage. I ended up going with another mortgage broker and I've had another survey and more broker fees I'm now waiting for the offer to come through.
    I contacted the solictors acting on behalf of the MX and explained were I was upto to with my mortgage application to see if if they could delay the court date which is on Tues 6th June, they asked me to get my mortgage broker to send over proof of my application and surveyors report which they did on Tues 30th May. I then received a covering letter along with a legal pack Yesterday confirming the court date 6th June.

I've never stepped through a court door before so this is all new to me.

Can anybody give me advise on any other options I might have to adjourn my court date or stop repossession at this late stage.

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Mortgage Express - Repossession

Ask the mortgagee for a adjournment to allow for the new mortgage to come through. If you arequire paying why do they want to repossess the property. Ask the judge cat the court for a suspended repossession order this might give you enough time . All your documents need to be in order. With copies to the mortgagee and the court. More knowledgeable beagless will be along shortly. Remember every one on this site is a volunteer and we have lives to lead.

Comment

hi as @sedurated says

You have to apply to ither adjurn ( best ) or suspended possession. ( argue on argurnment for costs grounds ).

Show ( withthe paperwork ) that you have applied and are in the process of refinancing, and that its taken so long due to you changing brokers.

Does the property turn an income ( rented out ).
      Whats your income from the property per month
      How much is your morgagee on the proeprty pm
      how much have you paid in the past six months.
      What are the arrears
      what is the situation that has lead to the arrears
      how are you solving that

Answers to some of the above will help with the wording of the application

Then, ask the company to agree to adjurn ( asap ), by email.

Bset advice i can suggest when going to court in these type of curcumstances, is go with a plan that sorts the problem in as short amount fo time ( but be rtealistic ),

- - - Updated - - -

hi as @sedurated says

You have to apply to ither adjurn ( best ) or suspended possession. ( argue on argurnment for costs grounds ).

Show ( withthe paperwork ) that you have applied and are in the process of refinancing, and that its taken so long due to you changing brokers.

Does the property turn an income ( rented out ).
      Whats your income from the property per month
      How much is your morgagee on the proeprty pm
      how much have you paid in the past six months.
      What are the arrears
      what is the situation that has lead to the arrears
      how are you solving that

Answers to some of the above will help with the wording of the application

Then, ask the company to agree to adjurn ( asap ), by email.

Bset advice i can suggest when going to court in these type of curcumstances, is go with a plan that sorts the problem in as short amount fo time ( but be rtealistic ),
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by De4n View Post
        The Mortgage Express is repossessing my Buy to let property. I purchased the house 10 years ago and the term was up on 31st Dec 2016. I am still paying my monthly mortgage payments to this day.
        If this is an unregulated Buy to Let mortgage why is the Mortgage Express (UKAR) seeking repossession through the courts when they can (and regularly do) appoint an LPA Receiver to seize the property and sell it without any court intervention?

Who is currently living in the property?

If it's you and/or your family living there (not tenants) then are they seeking repossession on the grounds of breach of contract of the BLT loan (no owner occupier) or is there some other reason apart from the fact the loan term has expired?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X