• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court process

Could any one tell me how long it takes to be heard in the high court? We've just been informed that my sibling has filed an appearance to our warning of her caveat. How long will it take for our case to be heard and dealt with. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Court process

As an appearance has been lodged, the caveat remains in place unless you both consent to its removal.
    If you can't come to an agreement you might have to initiate court proceedings, and depending on his case it could last years and wipe out a very large portion of the estate.

Mediation is probably the way to go
    I'll give [MENTION=85500]Peridot[/MENTION] a shout for you

Comment

Re: Court process

Hi again,
      I'd refer you back to my previous post on your other thread. The Court's will always recommend mediation as a preference.
      The Courts have discretion over how the costs of any proceedings are dealt with. It does not always go that the successful party's costs would come from the estate particularly where party's have brought untenable or unreasonable proceedings.
      We don't know all the facts of course so it would be difficult for me to indicate which way this could go. However, if you are unable to engage in some serious negotiation/mediation the estate could become seriously depleted and the time to deal with the estate extended well beyond the foreseeable. Individuals may also have to pay their own costs, which could be significant.
      I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X