• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Final salary query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final salary query

Just a brief backstory - I've been off work sick for the last few months. My illness is still under investigation. I resigned as I felt a lot of pressure to resign from my employer because they were getting frustrated with me for being off sick.

I would like to know what I should expect to be paid during my notice period, which is 4 weeks. Should I be paid normal salary, SSP or a little of both? I cannot find a consistent answer.

Also, my final day is the 9th of June. My current sick paper runs out on the 3rd of June and I haven't had a new one from my Dr yet. My employer has told me that they are paying me SSP for the whole month. I'm wondering how they can pay me SSP for next week when they don't have a sick paper for it. I have asked them for information on all of the above but they're ignoring me.

Any information would be greatly received.
    Tags: None

Re: Final salary query

I would make sure you get a new sick note and send it to the company. maybe ask you GP for one that covers just a week then a new one to start your claim for ESA which I assume you will be making.

Comment

I will be getting a new sick note tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by EKW9 View Post
        Just a brief backstory - I've been off work sick for the last few months. My illness is still under investigation. I resigned as I felt a lot of pressure to resign from my employer because they were getting frustrated with me for being off sick.

I would like to know what I should expect to be paid during my notice period, which is 4 weeks. Should I be paid normal salary, SSP or a little of both? I cannot find a consistent answer.

Also, my final day is the 9th of June. My current sick paper runs out on the 3rd of June and I haven't had a new one from my Dr yet. My employer has told me that they are paying me SSP for the whole month. I'm wondering how they can pay me SSP for next week when they don't have a sick paper for it. I have asked them for information on all of the above but they're ignoring me.

Any information would be greatly received.
        It depends on the length of notice as to whether you are entitled to your full pay or not. If your notice period was only 1 week or less than the statutory minimum notice period (which is 1 week for every year worked up to a maximum of 12 weeks), then you are entitled to receive your full pay throughout your notice period -even if you were off sick.

If your notice period is a week or more above the statutory minimum notice period, then you will only be entitled to receive your contractual, or statutory, sick pay.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X