• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell CCJ

Hello all,

I obtained my credit report over the weekend only to find that Lowell had placed a CCJ against me for a debt of £680 in April 2017 for a Vanquish credit card debt that is 5 years old. I have never had sight of any court documents that states that they had taken the claim to court or the claim form. I called Lowell today (Tues) to discuss why I have not been made aware of the claim against me, only to discover that the claim forms had been sent to my old address where I have not lived at for 16 months. Lowell proceeded to tell me that I am liable for the debt and will need to enter into a payment structure with them. I declined their offer as I explained that I wish to see the confirmation of all paperwork concerned before I accept that I own the debt and that they are legally entitled to claim. I proceeded to inform them that my job could be affected if I had a CCJ showing on my file as my employer may check my credit status as part of internal audits and I could be at risk of losing my job within the next 6 years due to the CCJ being on my file. Lowell were not interested in this information and continued to push for payments and I would have to live with the satisfied status once paid. I put it to them about looking at gaining a Tomlin Order or Consent Order and have the CCJ suspended to which they didn't have a clue whatI was talking about as they had never heard of these orders before. As the claim was issued in April 2017 and I am now beyond the 30 day cycle to dispute the claim, is there anything else I can do as the CCJ will refrain me from getting the mortgage that I was currently working towards?

Thanks in advance
    Ian and Cath
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell CCJ

Hi Ian and Cath, welcome to LB.

It may be possible to have the judgment set aside.
    To do so, you normally need to give a reason why, if it was set aside, you would have a good prospect of defending the claim.
    If you have no details of the judgment, the court that 'heard' the claim should be able to provide details.
    If it were me I'd start by contacting Northampton CCBC and go from there.
    A SAR to Vanquis would also be a good idea.
    & do not contact Lowells by 'phone; if you do need to contact them, do so in writing with proof of posting.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X