• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Student loans company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student loans company

Hi apologies if not the right place - please feel free to move if needed.

I am being chased by the student loans company for an overpayment of childcare grant from student finance England.
    I have repeatedly told them I dispute the entire amount and have sent them copies of letters I've sent to student finance England. I have provided SFE copies of claim forms invoices and bank statements that prove that I paid out more in each academic year than they gave me but they still maintain they over paid me.

I last wrote to both SFE to again dispute the debt and to ask them to wait so I could get the information together (again) and SLC last week, and I asked SLC that, given I am in dispute with SFE for the entire debt, and that (yet again) I am having to download forms and get nursery to sign them, whether they could hold off trying to get payment on this alleged debt. They've agreed - so long as I ring them and pay £25 towards the debt to put it on hold.
    Naturally, I do not want to pay towards a disputed debt to have that debt put on hold from collection!

I have never come across this before and would be grateful for any advice. Their previous correspondence to me (before I wrote to them again last week) said that if I didn't pay, they would take further action with no further reference to me.

Is there anything else I can do or is it a case of still continue to write and send evidence as I have done previously.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X