• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aviva claiming back your excess from them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviva claiming back your excess from them

Hi everyone
    Can someone help me i had a accedent in my wifes car on the 10 4 17 my insurace paid me the money except the excess as it was the other partys fault i was told by my insurance i had to claim my excess back from aviva my self ive done all they asked sending proof of excess after hours of being on hold and numerus emails the are ignoring all my calls i just want my 2hundred pound back they are a rubbish insurance
    Tags: None

Re: Aviva claiming back your excess from them

took them over 2 months to respond to my communication - their response was out of date due to the time taken, and did not like it when pointed out their long delay and events had overtaken the situation as we cannot sit on our hands for months at a time.

Comment

Re: Aviva claiming back your excess from them

Technically it is the third party who should be paying your excess back, altho'of course it does come from his insurer.

I would suggest a letter to the third party, headed letter before claim, telling him you are holding him responsible for you uninsured losses (which includes your excess and any other expenses you have been put to by way of fares, postage costs and if there were any days you did not have a car compensation @£10 per day plus interest on the outstanding amount).
      You require payment within 14 days and if it is not forth coming you will initiate court proceedings.
      Tell him in the letter that you realise it is not him personally but his insurers who are dragging their feet, but that is not your concern, and he is the person liable for your losses following the accident
      Suggest he passes the letter to his insurers .

Send a copy to Aviva as well.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X