• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour's son using my dedicated car park space on property.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour's son using my dedicated car park space on property.

I live in a modern block with 5 other households. I get on fairly well with most of my neighbours (bar one absentee landlord) and though there have been some 'incidents' over the years, peace usually reigns.

I sold my car last year and my off-road parking spot has been vacant since then, only being used by my own son when he visits or the rare occasions when I have to hire a vehicle. Lately, though, a black saloon has been seen in the space and I have now found it is owned by the rather arrogant son of a very friendly neighbour. This was confirmed in a response to a round robin email I sent to every household, alerting them to the presence of random vehicles using our allocated spaces. My neighbour stated that I was not in when she/they asked if the space could be used (this is BS) so the car was parked there anyway.

I went downstairs and lifted up and locked the bollard, something I had to do several times as other neighbours left in cars and never put the bollard back up. Later, I heard a vehicle start up and managed to glimpse the black saloon leaving, its occupants waving to my out-of-view downstairs neighbour.

I like this elderly, female neighbour and do not wish a confrontation for I know that the excuse that 'we didn't think you'd mind' will be used and now that I have seen this car in the parking space a couple of times - without permission being asked - I feel a liberty has been taken. I'm going to have to bring it up personally the next time I see her but, equally, will have to address it with the son if he tries this again, which I think he will. He's a very arrogant business type and I fear the only thing I could do if this persists is threaten him with trespass which would then probably ruin the relationship I have with the elderly neighbour.

It would be easy for people to say 'let him stay; he's doing no harm' but that's not the point. It's being done without permission and, quite frankly, he's taking the P***.
    Tags: None

Re: Neighbour's son using my dedicated car park space on property.

If I'm honest I do think you are over reacting as you do not have a car and the space is not often used. How do you know you were in when they first parked there?

I do feel your pain as I live in flats and the access road to the parking spaces is often full of cars, on one memorable occasion I asked one lady where she lived so I could park on her drive

However, I am guessing this is a leasehold flat with a management company/committee. maybe a gentle letter from the management company reminding everyone of the terms of the lease and designated parking spots

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X