• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Little help with claim form from lowell solicitors :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little help with claim form from lowell solicitors :(

Hello, im new here so hi!

Now i'd like to point out i've actually dealt with debts alot in the past due to alot of fraud on my account but this one is slightly different!

So to cut a long story short i have been in contact with lowell solictors regarding a debt and this is a response i got after sending a pre action conduct letter to them...

And attached was these two letters,

So erm....i actually have no idea what to do? not sure where i stand and the date has past on the letter....yet no CCJ on my account? plus! the letter has no signture on it from a court nor stamp, but it does however have a return address for documents which is lowell solictors? Isnt a court suppose to sign it and stamp it? it doesnt seem legit and has been photocopied by the looks of it.

Little help please!
    Tags: None

Re: Little help with claim form from lowell solicitors

Hi, welcome to LB

What is the date on the recent Lowells solicitors letter?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi, welcome to LB

What is the date on the recent Lowells solicitors letter?

Hi, the date on the letter is 27th april 2017

Comment

Have you received a county court claim, or any other communication from the court?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Have you received a county court claim, or any other communication from the court?
          Hi, so to cut a long story short i had a claim form which is what looks like a photocopy, it doesnt have a judges signature on it and no court stamp either, along with this the number on the form that i called took me to a guy thats when i challenged the court form to be legit said "we dont need a judges signature or stamp to take you to court" which suggests this is actually lowell and the case hasn't been taken to court, now also bare in mind in reality i should have a CCJ now as i missed the end date when i responded yet i dont...

So i am a bit confused as to whether or not i have a legit claim form, or a downloaded one that has just had the basic stuff about the account filled in from lowell who want me to fill the rest in, why i am unsure...

Also note that the second letter i uploaded states it is from O2 but clearly isnt and looks aswell as reads more like someone at lowell wrote it up...

Also ive read alot about a CPR-18, im unsure if this is something i can use?

Thanks!

Comment

Is there a claim number and an issue date on the form?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi, yes i do the issue date was 19/04/2017 so a little while ago now XD i also do have a claim number on the form

Comment

Hi

Don't get hung up on the letter from O2 not being from O2- they are allowed to do that
                However - there may be issues with the assignment which can be challenged however I am afraid I would be expecting a judgement through the post any time now . Depending on the date on the claim form , you had 19 days from the date to acknowledge , after that they can apply for a judgement.

I am assuming there was a claim reference number and password on the claim form, maybe you could log onto MCOL and see what it says

Just for reference - here is a real claim form

86_Claim_Form Edit.pdf

All I have edited are my personal info and amounts - as well as the password

Comment

Oh really? thanks, i tried to open your link but it just says cannot connect?

Anyway i will have too have another look for this password etc, i did only speak to them yesterday and apparently the account is on hold as i did contact that hench the response with the letters you see in my first post...

Comment

I had a problem downloading a link from here earlier

As an IT expert would say, have you tried turning it off and on again?

Comment

Ha i got it to work, yes your right thats exactly what i have, will have to register with that site then? Whats the deal with it?

Comment

You need to set up a gov gateway account - make sure you keep a record of your ID number.

I had to set one up when I was not working for universal jobs match , I had luckily saved the password in chrome so i was just able to log in

Comment

Hi, so i logged in.....it says on the 30th in the evening a judgement was made against me....only the day before they guy i spoke to said it was on hold....what do i do now??

Comment

Hi
                            The sad truth is that you now seem to have a CCJ against you.

Who told you it was on hold- I can't see any mention on the thread?

Assuming you have a cci there are some options
                            1) Applying for a set aside BUT you would need to give a good reason why you did not comply with the courts timetable and saying you thought it was a fake will just not cut the mustard I am afraid I In my opinion). Additionally you would need to show that there was a good prospect of defending the claim. I am not sure how much the claim is for but it would likely cost you to have it set aside

2) Pay the CCJ within 28 days and it will not be registered against you.

3) make an arrangement to pay - this will show a CCJ against you for 6 years

I am a bit confused in that the letter from O2 shows a balance of 2xxx but the letter from Lowell solicitors says 4xxxx . Not sure how the difference is made up

Sorry to sound harsh

Comment

Right so...to make things a little clearer,

So O2 is £297

its now estimated total of £404 this is due to fees.

the original court form was dated the 19th and i had actually responded before that, on the 16th april. i had requested further information. they actually didnt give it, but i know they responded on this date due to having the letter from them acknowledging receipt of correspondence.

So that hopefully brings it up to date.

Onto the next problem - my birth date aswell as the amount on the claim form.

So on the court claim form lowell has claimed 320 plus court fee of 35 and legal costs of 50 bringing it to 405, is this something they can do? 320 is not the amount originally how does that work?

Next up is the judgement for claimant (in default) which is at £427? thats different than the amount that was claimed? the amount claimed was 405...how has this gone up?

Also on this judgement form my date of birth is not on it and again it is a photocopy.....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X