• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group Letter before claim HSBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA Group Letter before claim HSBC

last payment date

Comment

[MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] thank you for your replies. I haven't heard anything else at all. I thought it was strange that they would send this to an email address they don't even know is still being used and not my home address. Shall I reply asking if this is the only information they hold on my account or sit tight and wait?

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        Hi
        Odd that it is a list of payments from 2005-2007 , what possible use could it be to them.

I would currently just maybe print off the email and the pdf file and also save it to your computer

Amy more news on the CCA request or your request for documents to the solicitor?
        Seems they try and blunder their way thru and some peeps wouldnot know the difference>

Comment

I wouldn't reply to the email at all just yet . They probably use tracking software so they will know the email was opened and read but who is to say it was you - for example when I visit my Mum's and use her PC . I can access her email and could in theory delete anything I thought would be of concern to her. Also , as many of her generation may do, there was only one email address per household so a spouse or partner may also have opened , read and deleted the email

Comment

SAR (Subject access request)

Comment

OK, I'll wait and see if anything else appears Thanks [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION]

Thanks [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] I've sent a SAR to HSBC who I had the original account with on 30th May, they replied acknowledging the request and returned my postal order saying the don't charge for it.

Comment

They did this to me, not heard a word but to be honest I dont trust them they are low life

Comment

SARd HSBC years back and they did state and return fee and supplied albiet very late the Baxxxxx, after the court case and intervention of the ICO who slapped their wrist for lateness, be honest I am still fighting HSBC Solicitors department years later to be honest that the whole affair was a sham on their part = no paperwork requested and admitted after court case = DJ Jungle ignored proof later.

Comment

Originally posted by jack89 View Post
                    They did this to me, not heard a word but to be honest I dont trust them they are low life
                    I may not agree with debt purchase or even capitalism but the major firms generally work within the law- it is just they are adept at manipulating everything to get the best results they can. To be fair, in their position most of us would probably do the same!

If it has taught me anything it is to keep all correspondence and relevant proof of posting/delivery

Comment

Originally posted by DebtWorrier View Post
                      I have received an email from PRA Group sent to my old email address which I luckily had set to forward all emails to my new one. They have a sent what looks like a list of transactions from 2005 to April 2007 in a password protected PDF document. It's just a list of payments with the account number on, like a computer print out.

The email just says "Please find attached a transaction log as requested." Is this normal?
                      I don't want to start any conspiracy theories but there is a possibility that the email wasn't intended for you unless it specifically said "Dear DebtWorrier" in the body of the email. Was anyone copied into it, and who was the precise sender (author) of the email?

i can think of a reason why the Transaction Log of payments between those dates would be of interest to PRA but that's not something I plan to expand on right now.

Which account do those transactions refer to? Was it a loan, credit card or current account?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                        I don't want to start any conspiracy theories but there is a possibility that the email wasn't intended for you unless it specifically said "Dear DebtWorrier" in the body of the email. Was anyone copied into it, and who was the precise sender (author) of the email?

i can think of a reason why the Transaction Log of payments between those dates would be of interest to PRA but that's not something I plan to expand on right now.

Which account do those transactions refer to? Was it a loan, credit card or current account?

Di
                        Thanks for your reply, the email had my full name including middle name, the ref of PRA, original Client, Client account number and the current balance. The body of the email said thank you for your recent contact regarding the above account. Please find attached a transaction log as requested. The password to open this document will follow in a separate email for security purposes. At the bottom of the email Gives the name of the sender from the communications team including their personal email.

It was a current account with a loan and overdraft.

Comment

Originally posted by DebtWorrier View Post
                          thank you so much for taking the time to reply in such detail. I will get those letters off on Tuesday and I will take your advice to contact @Diana M.

I've only just noticed this post from 28th May.

Did you try to contact me then (that tag didn't work for some reason) because I get loads of emails where my spam filter sometimes overreacts to unknown names so I don't obviously see them

Di

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post

Hi DebtWorrier

It is the law of the sod that says these things always happen at the most inopportune times and I am sure you can really do without this.
                            The good thing, at the moment is that you have not received a claim (but it would be remiss of me to say it may not happen)

This is what I would do based on what you have said ( It is a mix of an overdraft and probably loan
                            1) Send the following to PRA

2)
                            Send this to the solicitors

Before you send them make sure you read them and understand what you are sending, the bits I have highlighted in red need your input and the correct details putting in ( change back to black)

I know for a fact that PRA have had some major problems , the second link that I posted , PRA v. Diana Mayhew is a good example. If you read the thread you will see that Diana Mayhew is a member of this site

Should a claim arrive , we will help you all we can but I would strongly recommend you at least talk to a solicitor who may be able to help, LB compare provides details of firms and the two posts I linked to also have posts by people who work in the field.

I hope your Mum is coping with her treatment, I am personally aware of how taxing it can be when a family member receives a diagnosis.

I think the two letters i have posted above should buy you some time at least , please send them by Royal mail signed for

This is what I do but I am a bit OCD
                            Write the letter and sign it ( the CCA request can be 'digitally signed' i.e type your name in a fancy font)
                            I then copy them and when I get the receipt from the post office I staple that to my copy of the letter. When the track and trace shows a delivery I print that off and add it to the file.

Sad as it is, I also have a folder in google drive where I scan and keep everything , I number them in date order so i can easily find what I need.

When I received a claim and instructed a solicitor I just sent them a link to the drive folder so they could access every letter i have received and sent to the claimant ( who aren't PRA by the way)

I will stop rambling and let you digest the info.

Any questions just ask, you can tag someone by putting @ and their user name @warwick65 @Diana M @charitynjw

See- easy

I also received a letter before action and never did anything about it now they a have started a claim with Northampton court.

Shall I ask for the CCA it was an old CC debt to Egg £4700 and I don't think I have tried this route, Barclaycard then bought Egg and then assigned it to PRA after 4 years of making an agreed monthly payment.

I made an offer in April which was rejected this is after they contacted me saying FFS of £1680.00 I counter offered with £1200 ! PRA are saying I missed payments in 2015 but I am sure I didn't!

Thanks in advance

Comment

So I recently moved house and received a duplicate letter before action as before. I have received nothing from PRA since I last posted. I sent a copy of the letter I received nearly 2 years ago and asked why they were contacting me about this again. They have replied stating that “ as this is a former bank account and overdraft with the bank there is no formal agreement or terms and conditions required for validation of debt. They further state that the transaction log I mentioned in previous post is a a transaction log showing usage of the account. So is this correct and can they now pursue me for this debt? Any help would be very much appreciated MIKE770 warwick65 Diana M

Comment

I'll give Amethyst a nudge
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X