• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! Claim form Asset Investigation/lending stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help! Claim form Asset Investigation/lending stream

Originally posted by Bettyregrets View Post
    Hi. No they don't. The address for sending documents where you'd normally expect to find a solicitor is blank.

Asset Collections & Investigations claim this amount in respect of an unpaid loan funded by the **. The defendant failed to abide by the terms of the contract. Asset Collections and Investigations purchased this debt from the ** and subsequently sent a notice of assignment to the defendant to advise.
    The defendant has failed to respond from the claimant thus denying the claimant any opportunity in assisting the defendant in attempting to bring the matter to an amicable conclusion.
    The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of ** per year from 21/06/2016 to 24/05/2017 on *** and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of **

Hope I've redacted that ok. They did not send me a notice of assignment or indeed anything else. Mackenzie Hall were pursuing this debt for a while in 2012 but when I said I had a dispute with the original creditor they did not contact me again. So really, Asset should have purchsed from MH???
    I would follow the suggestions mentioned here.

However, as an aside, I would also check.... to see if.

1) If you have received any emails from A.C.I in your inbox or spam folders. And also check for any Mail you may have received from them. If you check and do find any emails from them I can almost Guarentee they will say the following.

a) This debt was assigned to them on the 21/06/16
    b) That they will make references to their client. in all of their corespondance to you.

2) should this be the case then I would question whether they have Legal Assignment to collect this alleged debt as part of your defence. I.e who actually owns this alleged debt and do they have the right to bring this action.

3) It Is my opinion, "not legal beagles" That A.C.I need to prove that they own this alleged debt via a DEED and not just a Notice of assignment and they need to be put to strict proof that they have such.

Just to Re iterate this point, I have an ongoing claim with A.C.I for a very similar claim as yours. As part of pre condut and post, ie cpr 31.4 I have been sent no less than 3 different notice of assignments all with different dates.. This is as far as i am aware will be allocated to the small claims track and for mediation. However they have so far failed to comply with the timescale for D.Q filing so at this time unsure what Track. And I can say it is far less than your claim.

So, keep the faith, heed the advice from the good people here and they will guide you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. No they don't. The address for sending documents where you'd normally expect to find a solicitor is blank.

Asset Collections & Investigations claim this amount in respect of an unpaid loan funded by the **. The defendant failed to abide by the terms of the contract. Asset Collections and Investigations purchased this debt from the ** and subsequently sent a notice of assignment to the defendant to advise.
    The defendant has failed to respond from the claimant thus denying the claimant any opportunity in assisting the defendant in attempting to bring the matter to an amicable conclusion.
    The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of ** per year from 21/06/2016 to 24/05/2017 on *** and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of **

Hope I've redacted that ok. They did not send me a notice of assignment or indeed anything else. Mackenzie Hall were pursuing this debt for a while in 2012 but when I said I had a dispute with the original creditor they did not contact me again. So really, Asset should have purchsed from MH???
    I would follow the suggestions mentioned here.

However, as an aside, I would also check.... to see if.

1) If you have received any emails from A.C.I in your inbox or spam folders. And also check for any Mail you may have received from them. If you check and do find any emails from them I can almost Guarentee they will say the following.

a) This debt was assigned to them on the 21/06/16
    b) That they will make references to their client. in all of their corespondance to you.

2) should this be the case then I would question whether they have Legal Assignment to collect this alleged debt as part of your defence. I.e who actually owns this alleged debt and do they have the right to bring this action.

3) It Is my opinion, "not legal beagles" That A.C.I need to prove that they own this alleged debt via a DEED and not just a Notice of assignment and they need to be put to strict proof that they have such.

Just to Re iterate this point, I have an ongoing claim with A.C.I for a very similar claim as yours. As part of pre condut and post, ie cpr 31.4 I have been sent no less than 3 different notice of assignments all with different dates.. This is as far as i am aware will be allocated to the small claims track and for mediation. However they have so far failed to comply with the timescale for D.Q filing so at this time unsure what Track. And I can say it is far less than your claim.

So, keep the faith, heed the advice from the good people here and they will guide you.

Comment

Thanks so much for this, it's really helpful. On the subject of Asset, I've searched again through all my Spam folders and cannot find anything at all from them. There was never anything in the post.
      Have you, either changed address or email provider within the time frame that you suggest. this is important ?

Comment

No I haven't. I do have other email accounts but I only used the one with Lending Stream, ever. Same address since 2010. I did spend some time with relatives out of London in 2012 but flatmates forwarded my post during that time.

Comment

May I suggest that you have a more intrisic look through your emails. As bad as they are A.C.I usually will send a letter/email before action before starting any court action. Maybe this is one that has passed this pre stage. This is where a DPA request is vitally important.

Comment

And you can request this DPA at any stage through the court process. However the earlier the better. But sooner rather than later

Comment

I've checked again and there really is nothing. I've gone right back to 2011 when I took out the LS loan. Unless of course I have deleted it by accident but there's no way of checking.

Comment

Also I have sent the DPA today by recorded delivery

Comment

Best advice is to sit tight, Place the AOS on moneyclaimonline and await further advice as to a defence on here. Keep an eye on the DPA request. But Follow the Court Timetable

Comment

Originally posted by jon34 View Post
                    Best advice is to sit tight, Place the AOS on moneyclaimonline and submit your cpr31.4 and search for further advice as to a defence on here. Keep an eye on the DPA request. But Follow the Court Timetable
                    Please bare in mind that the timescale for your defence to be submited to the court may run out before the DPA request runs out

Comment

Hi. I've already got one CCJ and I really don't want another one. I got a claim form in the post yesterday from Asset Investigation (ironic since I have no assets!). This relates to a lending stream account from 2011 which is showing as closed on my credit file. I received no paperwork at all from Asset and there was never any default notice. I want to defend this but if I do is there a chance that I could lose and have to pay the whole amount? The thing that worries me the most is my bank taking my overdraft away. The ink wasn't even dry on my last CCJ when they were emailing me saying they needed to talk to me urgently. I managed to talk them out of taking the OD away because my bank account has been kept within its limit for 20 years plus. Please help I am driving myself to despair and am struggling
                      It is more likely showing as settled on your credit file..... Have a closer look at the status update may show as A.S= assigned. are you looking on Noddle ? if so hover over the AS. it should indicate Assigned.

Comment

More importantly, Check the entry on your file and see who is updating it. if no change from the O.C or the new assignee is not updating ....it May mean that the debt purchaser/ assignee does not have the legal right to do so. Ie It may not have legal assignment.

Please check this fact with other members here Before assuming this.

Comment

Hi. Nothing on Clearscore. 2 LS accounts on Noddle saying Satisfied but nothing about assignment. I can't see who has been updating and no search info

Comment

If you log on to noddle, then goto the entry for Ls Then look at the repayment history section look at the very last entry it should show DA in a red circle if yo point the mouse just slightly below this it will say debt assigned. That will give you the month that Ls would or should have sold the alleged debt.

Comment

It doesnt. It says BB in both cases in the May. Hovering over this it says payments more than 6 months late. July 2012 its marked SF account has defaulted

Comment

so the last update to your credit file was July 2012 ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X