• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! Claim form Asset Investigation/lending stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help! Claim form Asset Investigation/lending stream

MH were probably just debt collectors acting for the creditor.
    If so, they would not be the legal owners, & if so they would not hold any title to the debt.

Ok, in addition to the CCA request (did you send that to Asset?), send a CPR 31.14 request (no fee required) to Asset.
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ic-information
    Ask for an accurate copy of the contract, a copy of the Notice of Assignment, a copy of the Deed of Assignment & all correspondence or information held in any format pertaining to their alleged attempts to contact you prior to commencing litigation.

Also send a SAR to Lending Stream...costs £10, but can reveal a wealth of information.
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...quest-template

Keep copies of correspondence & get proof of postage.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you I'll do the CPR

Comment

& the SAR?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I will do that too. 10 fee a bit steep though

Comment

Standard £10.00 requirement for SAR from any company afraid Betty! they then have up to 40 days to respond with the infoLitigation on an alledged account when you were not able to under legislation therefore

- - - Updated - - -

SAR (Subject access request)

Comment

What would happen if LS ignored the SAR? They have ignored everything else so far. And would a SAR halt the court case? Sorry to sound thick

Comment

You would contact the ICO & report them the ICO would chase them and possibly warn them that it is a request which must be responded to in regulatory timings/

Comment

Ok thanks. Just to clarify, this SAR should go to the original creditor and not the purchaser (Asset Collection etc)?

Comment

yes as they have the information needed

Comment

Thanks I am doing this now and will send it off

Comment

Take it you have registered on MCOL etc?

Comment

Oh yes done that and indicated that I will defend

Comment

Originally posted by Bettyregrets View Post
                            Hi. No they don't. The address for sending documents where you'd normally expect to find a solicitor is blank.

Asset Collections & Investigations claim this amount in respect of an unpaid loan funded by the **. The defendant failed to abide by the terms of the contract. Asset Collections and Investigations purchased this debt from the ** and subsequently sent a notice of assignment to the defendant to advise.
                            The defendant has failed to respond from the claimant thus denying the claimant any opportunity in assisting the defendant in attempting to bring the matter to an amicable conclusion.
                            The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of ** per year from 21/06/2016 to 24/05/2017 on *** and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of **

Hope I've redacted that ok. They did not send me a notice of assignment or indeed anything else. Mackenzie Hall were pursuing this debt for a while in 2012 but when I said I had a dispute with the original creditor they did not contact me again. So really, Asset should have purchsed from MH???
                            I would follow the suggestions mentioned here.

However, as an aside, I would also check.... to see if.

1) If you have received any emails from A.C.I in your inbox or spam folders. And also check for any Mail you may have received from them. If you check and do find any emails from them I can almost Guarentee they will say the following.

a) This debt was assigned to them on the 21/06/16
                            b) That they will make references to their client. in all of their corespondance to you.

2) should this be the case then I would question whether they have Legal Assignment to collect this alleged debt as part of your defence. I.e who actually owns this alleged debt and do they have the right to bring this action.

3) It Is my opinion, "not legal beagles" That A.C.I need to prove that they own this alleged debt via a DEED and not just a Notice of assignment and they need to be put to strict proof that they have such.

Just to Re iterate this point, I have an ongoing claim with A.C.I for a very similar claim as yours. As part of pre condut and post, ie cpr 31.4 I have been sent no less than 3 different notice of assignments all with different dates.. This is as far as i am aware will be allocated to the small claims track and for mediation. However they have so far failed to comply with the timescale for D.Q filing so at this time unsure what Track. And I can say it is far less than your claim.

So, keep the faith, heed the advice from the good people here and they will guide you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bettyregrets View Post
                              Thank you I'll do the CPR
                              I know what your saying. it is a strugle but I think it will be well worth it, especially with A.C.I and the original creditor. more ammo for your case

Comment

Thanks so much for this, it's really helpful. On the subject of Asset, I've searched again through all my Spam folders and cannot find anything at all from them. There was never anything in the post.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X