• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reston solicitors MBNA. Mfs portfolio ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reston solicitors MBNA. Mfs portfolio ltd

Hi please can someone help. Bought a property 2003 with friend not partner. Agreement was mortg pymts to be paid half equal monthly pymt. I lived in the house solely, lost job in 2010 and could not pay my credit card monthly pymts with MBNA. Restons solicitors obtained ccj in 2010 . I attended a meeting a court with judge to show my financial situ proved on benefits. Judge awarded CO on property which turned out as a restriction, the court judgement also says "apart from a charging order all other excecution is stayed so long as defendant (me) pays to the claimant MBNA the sum of £5 per month. I have been paying this since Nov 2010, I moved out of property and obtained a housing assoc flat. Friend moved in property jointly owned and pay full mortgage to stop loosing the house I made. I contribution to paying mortg as could not afford, we sold house both of us agreed and sale went through 13.4.18 now Reston are aggressively pursuing me for debt to be paid in full as they think I got some money, my money paid friend back the half non paid mortgage pymts but the agreement was done between my friend and myself, and I'd the was any money left after I had paid my friend the arrears I would get but there wasn't any spare money, the letters from restons now state MFS portfolio ltd v myself and not MBNA. I have wrote to restons requesting added of assignment or instrument of novation, awaiting reply what can they actually do as they threatened bankruptcy
    Tags: None

Someone will be along shortly that has more knowledge than me.
    but they can’t get another CCJ for the same debt and as it was a restriction as house was jointly owned you’ve do nothing wrong. Just keep paying the £5.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X