• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

moneybarn consent order help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moneybarn consent order help

Hi any help would be appreciated regarding a conditional sale agreement with moneybarn.

I feel behind on some payments and to cut a long storey short the only option moneybarn presented me with was to sign a consent order. They sent an order to get car back to court but told me to ignore that and they would ask for consent order to be signed. The whole process has take quite a few number of weeks. They took the order to the court and I just received a letter from the court saying it has been agreed.
    My issue is the letter was dated 23rd may and I received it today but the consent order says that I should have made the first payment on the 18th otherwise I have to give car back on 19th. I have been in touch with moneybarn a few times waiting to here the outcome and they told me that would a mail when they have it from the court. I am now worried they will not accept my payment as it is passed the date and they will send someone round straight away to take the car back.
    Please can anyone help with what my options may be? I have also e mailed the court asking for advice. Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: moneybarn consent order help

Hello

Why didn't you pay on the 18th like you agreed?

Are you able to upload the Consent Order with personal info removed so I can take a look?

You should perhaps pay asap, they might accept it and if you keep making the following monthly payments its unlikely they will be able renege on the consent order. I would suggest you make payment asap.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob
      I did not know what the outcome of the hearing was until today as I was unable to attend. I intend on paying first thing and I have sent 3 a mails before this time to the legal contact at money barn who kept saying we are yet to hear back from the court will contact as soon as we do. I assume we both got the letter today.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

The consent order basically says starting from 18th I have to make the agreed monthly payments for remainder of term. If I don't on the 19th that can have the car back. But the court letter is dated 23rd and received today. I am hoping since I have been in constant contact chasing them they will accept.

Comment

I forgot to say the hearing was not originally for the consent order it was for return of goods and until today I did not know the outcome I couldn't attend but sent in a personal statement. Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X