• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help......capquest letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help......capquest letter

ok, to tomorrow i will go to the post office, ask for postal order payable to next for £10
    i will send that, with a letter requesting the SAR from next and give my details as i have them
    name, address from that time as that is all i have, dont have account number or anything like that.
    then at the same time i will get a postal order made out to capquest for £1 asking them for the CCA.
    in the letter to capquest i need to put the creditors name in, is that now capquest or Next?
    i take it i can send both the letter off tomorrow, both recorded delivery?

Comment

SAR to NEXT

CCA1974 to Capquest, - quote capquest reference number on the CCA1974 request they can then match to their original letter

Comment

Did you give Next a new (or forwarding) address for the period when you were not in the UK?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

no, the debt was in my name and i stupidly expected my ex to pay it as he said he would but did not.

- - - Updated - - -

great, this is what i will send to capquest

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Comment

good

Comment

Send to Capquest Investments Ltd.
              You could also send a copy to Capquest debt collection (no fee needed with this one) for information only.
              Dots the 't's & crosses the 'i's........

Keep copies & get proof of posting.

Before you do send the CCA request, has Capquest intimated that, should you not pay them, legal proceedings will ensue?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

the letter from capquest is as follows

dear...............
                welcome to capquest. we are now looking after your next directory account.
                account no .........
                ownership of your account has now been transferred to capquest investments limited. capquest debt recovery will be managing your account. our number one priority is to work with you to get back on the road to financial recovery.
                what this means for you:
                please contact us so we can ensure your journey with us is as easy as possible. we'd like to work with you to get a plan in place that best suits your situation.
                we will not charge interest on this account.
                our trained colleagues are here to help you. our open........................etc etc
                you can write to us at templer, templer ave, farnborough...........................
                we look forward to hearing from you
                your sincerely
                post sales department

thats it.

Comment

just follow what has been suggested above

Comment

If that's the case, if it were me I'd hold fire on the CCA request for the time being.

If they run true to form they will send 2 or 3 more letters, getting increasingly insistent, normally about a month apart.
                    You will also probably get "If you pay now we'll give you a discount"-type letters.
                    I would wait until there was a threat of litigation, then I'd bang in the CCA request.
                    Mind you, I'm like that! Bungee jump, anyone?

But I'd definitely send the SAR to the original creditor straight away. Now. Immediately.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

i am struggling to find the address for NEXT.
                      does anyone know who i address the CCA to and what address i use.
                      thankx

- - - Updated - - -

Data Protection Manager, Next Directory, Desford Road, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 4AT ????

Comment

Next Retail Ltd.
                        Desford Road,
                        Enderby,
                        Leicester.
                        LE19 4AT

Telephone: 0333 777 4577*

Comment

Hi Heidi

I tend to agree with Charity on this one, as it is just an introduction letter wait until something more serious else happens before you send the CCA request .

You think its statute barred but the longer you can wait the better as these people have a nasty habit of 'finding' random payments. The SAR from Next will show if any payments were made and you can get those challenged with Next if necessary long before anything serious happens with Crapquest

Comment

Hello All

SO.........I sent the SAR to next and have heard back from them. They say they are unable to locate a Next Directory account under the details I gave them. They said "this is important to us, as we need it, to locate our records along with the cheque you had sent, please can you check this again and return the letter with some addresses you may have previously live at, this will then receive our immediate attention."
                            Well now that even sounds like fishing to my inexperienced eye. I sent my name and address only as i had no account numbers or anything like that.

I also sent the letter, along with £1 to capquest asking for the credit agreement and they replied in time (just) with the following.

You've recently raised a query on your account. We've placed your account on hold for 28 days and contacted Next Directory for further information. We'll let you know when we've received a response from Next Directory. If we have'nt had a response by 6 july 2017, we'll write to you to provide an update.

Am i to take it that they dont actually have any info and that you were all right saying this was a fishing trip they were on?
                            would love to hear your views on this update
                            thank you

Comment

Heidi

In my opinion, now that Next have sold the debt on they really have no interest in you so providing more details probably is necessary. If you have moved since you took the agreement out then let them know.

They may have lots of people with the same name as you, unless its Zaphod Beeblebrox (in fact who knows, I quite like that name)
                              [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

any thoughts?

Comment

hi,
                                i did move in 2010, i went abroad and returned in 2015. i gave them my name and address of where i lived and my ex husband said he settled the debt, but has no proof as it was so long ago. next also now have my new address, as they are sending mail and capquest wrote the above.
                                so i guess i should just sit tight and see what capquest come back with in 28 days?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X