• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help......capquest letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help......capquest letter

im so sorry and im so embarrassed to ask this again.
    so i send CAPQUEST a letter asking for a CCA? and cca stands for?
    i take it i give them the details from the letter i received, ie my name, ref number etc?
    send it recorded mail so that i have a record of when sent for the 12+2 days limit after which they cant force me to pay anything outstanding?

then i need to send a letter to Next, also recorded mail asking for a SAR and just need to give them my name?
    if they come back and say we have xyz on you and i owe the £650 because my ex lied and did not pay, then what?
    did next not sell the debt to CAPQUEST?
    is it not capquest i should be dealing with

thank you for your patience?

Comment

consumer credit application 1974 use CCA Request capquest

SAR to Next who will send all they hold on your account your name/ payments/ defaults info then you will see if paid or not?

Name and address also account number for them to find the relevant records okay asked @Diana M to pop in as well.

They probably sold account to PRA (debt purchaser who pay less that 10% and hope to make huge profit) hence Capquest is part of PRA group that is why they are chasing you.

Comment

would these actions not be acknowledging the debt?

im worried about that as i dont have proof of payment. if my ex actually had paid it.
        i dont have any account numbers to give, i only have my address from that time and my name obviously.
        who do i make the postal order of £1 out too?

Comment

no the request are a legal request and not acknowledgment they are worded for that

Comment

could you send me a template so i dont mess it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
              could you send me a template so i dont mess it up?
              Click on blue below and amend as required:-

SAR (Subject access request)

CCA Request

Comment

silly question probably, but does it have to be via post or can i email capquest requesting the CCA?

Comment

silly question = No

Post and Recorded Delivery, keep receipt attached to copy of request, e-mail ? a £1.00 coin/postal order??

Comment

im sorry, but i just have not dealt with this sort of thing before. never even sent a postal order......who does the postal order need to be made out too.
                    so i attach a copy of receipt to the request i send to capquest so that they see i have recorded it?

Comment

sorry - keep receipt for Recorded Delivery to your own copy of request only, no need to send them a receipt of sending they have to sign for the letter at their end!

the envelope they receive will have the large Recorded Delivery sticker on it and they sign for it.

go to Royal Mail site as shown below = enter the Long number on your receipt from royal mail and click it will acknowledge the entry then a few days later go back to it and you should ses a signature to print off and attach to your copy of request = all done proof they got the request and date.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc..._y52gAzwmEOXyQ

Track and Trace - Track your Item

Check the progress of your deliveries

Enter your reference number

Fersiwn Cymraeg

Your reference number is between 9-27 characters and may be called a barcode or simply a reference.

Find your reference number

Comment

THANK YOU!

i have been a nervous wreck over this, so the help is very much appreciated.

Comment

we have all been there Heidi - not a problem - but at least you now have support from this site, ask any question and we endevour to the best of our ability to answer/assist you as far as possible. no problem.

Comment

Hi Heidi

The letter you received from Capquest is referred to as notice of assignment.
                            Basically, Capquest Investments have bought the right for the benefits of the agreement (eg the money allegedly owed.)
                            But they will only have been given scant details, hence the need to get detailed info from the original creditor via a SAR.
                            Btw, did you receive a Default Notice from Next?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

hi,
                              i left the uk in 2010 and thought my now ex husband had sorted everything out. i returned to the uk at the start of 2015 and received the letter below yesterday.

dear mrs.......

welcome to capquest . We are now looking after your next directory account.
                              ownership of your account has now been transferred to capquest investment ltd. capquest debt recovery will be managing your account. Our number one priority is to work with you to get a plan is place that best suits your situation

we we will not charge interest on this account.

then the contact details etc

I have been advised to send a CCA to capquest and to apply to Next for a SAR.......
                              I was not in the uk to receive a default notice, so dont know how that works, but this is the first letter i have received from capquest.

Comment

The SAR should show a date default sent , not a copy seems these days ,,, get that SAR off Recorded Delivery they have 40 days to respond or we complainto the Information Commissioners office , the detail we need should be inthe SAR payments aetc etc etc enclose £10.00 postal Order payable to next.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X