• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rundles chasing after previous tenant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rundles chasing after previous tenant

Hello,
    We've been in temporary accommodation since December and had a letter in January from Rundles chasing a previous tenant. I phoned them and stated the lady had since moved, I don't know when or where.
    The guy at the office demanded I send a scanned copy of my passport and a utility bill or bank statement. I told him he could check with the local council or the dvla to see who is registered here.
    We returned following letters only to find we had a visit this afternoon stating he will come back and remove goods whether we are in or not.
    Can anyone offer me any advice on what to expect or what kind of people they are? I have proof of ID, but to be honest I'm concerned he won't believe me.
    I'm pretty sure, as I'm not the debtor, that he has no power whatsoever, and can't take anything by law.
    Any thoughts or previous experience would be very helpful. Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Rundles chasing after previous tenant

You will need to show your ID and a copy of your tenancy agreement to prove that you are not the debtor. It's better if you scan these and send them to rundles. Have copies of the documents to give to the enforcement agent. Do not let them in speak to them outside the house. Record everything on your phone .

Comment

I'm assuming this is for previous Council Tax by whoever lived there. The "don't live there" excuse is bandied around so much and in a lot of cases is not believed. As others have said provide them with your tenancy agreement etc and that should resolve the matter. As the Council are responsible for the actions of their contractors I would also be contacting them.

As far as Rundles are concerned they have no right of entry and may only seize any goods belonging to the debtor. Temporarily and goods of value outside may be at risk - car for example, so it may pay to have copies of your V5 & Insurance handy to be on the safe side.

Comment

The baillifs can check at the council, and should, if you give them alternat information.

IE, you dont have to give them your passport and ID, and indeed, i would ask them what they intend to do with it.

http://www.rundles.org.uk/privacy-policy

I would email both council head of finace and rundels, Tell rundels youre concerned that the baillif has asked you to provide details
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated. Apparently, the original debt was over a fine for driving in a bus lane in Bath/N.Somerset. The enforcer hasn't visited yet so I'll play it according to your advice and his attitude

Thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X