• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell

Let us know when and how the account was opened?

Also have you been receiving statements? from Lowells? and also, have you received a Default notice either from the original creditor or from Lowells?
    Originally posted by svalentine60 View Post
    Ok I'll do that and wait and see what happens next. thank you
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

The form says online

If you dispute the whole claim or wish to make a claim (a counterclaim) against the claimant, complete the defence form.

I have clicked defend and now it has a big box asking me what my defence is. I have nothing to put in because there is no defence. I'm confused. It also says if i defend it will be transferred to an appropriate court.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you dispute the claim because you have already paid it? * No, for other reasons
      Yes, I paid the claimant

Please complete all fields marked *

Please state your defence in a maximum of 122 lines in the box below.*

Lines Remaining

Comment

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...k/n009-eng.pdf

Go to that form, print it off, fill it in, ticking i intend to defend all of this claim

post it to the CCBC whose address will be on the claim form. Easiest way to do it or you could scan the form and email it too to ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Hi
          While I am not suggesting this, you seem to think you need a ccj before you enter some formal debt arrangement such as a DRO or bankruptcy. This is not the case although you do need to get the order authorised by the court.
          [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION] may be able to help more.

As for this one claim
          As PT says when was it opened, about what month and what year

It is not always the case , even with online agreements that they can force you to pay up, as long as you defend

Comment

thank you

Comment

There is something called an administration order that is free to do via a county court. You do however have to have debts under 5000 and at least one CCJ. They then set a payment you pay the court per month that you can afford. it's usually very low. Then after a couple of years the debts are usually lowered to 5p in the pound. I've been in and have a form downloaded to fill out. But you do need the CCJ. This isn't a debt relief order or bankruptcy. It is literally called an 'administration order'.

I was working at the time so the catalogues opened around 2013. I am grateful for the help. But on the form you have to answer what grounds you are defending on. I have no grounds to answer that.

Even if i do manage it here at some point soon all the others are going to follow suit. If i could defend all the catalogue things as they happen that would be great but what reason can i write for the defence?

Comment

Thanks
                You learn something new every day

The way you defend is by making the person who is taking you to court prove they have the right to do so. These debts have been sold on , or that is what they want you to believe. Sometimes that is not the case and they do not have the right to take you to court . Also, before they take court action there are somethings that they should do , issue a compliant default notice, if you send a CCA request with the fee , they need to provide certain info , but not as you found out necessarily a signed agreement.
                There are all sorts of things, some I know about , some I don't

There is also a thing called a tomlin order where you pay off the debt without getting a ccj, that repayment would be based on what you could truly afford

Hope that helps

Comment

Please do bear in mind its not about owing the money, its about whether the debt is legally enforceable which is an entirely different problem

Comment

Thank you for the help. So if i decide to defend what do i write in the box that says i have to explain my defence? I can't go any further until I've done that. I'm grateful for the help and will follow what you say. I'm just confused as to what the steps are.

Comment

First step is to acknowledge the claim and say you will defend all.

Then follow the the steps of a fresh cca request to the claimant
                      A cpr 31.14 request to the so.icotors
                      a SAR to the original creditor

once acknowledged you have 33 days FROM the date on the claim form to enter your defence.

Comment

what do i write in the box that says i have to explain my defence
                        You do not put anything in it. Not a dickie-bird.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It has a star on the box and doesn't let you move on if you don't write in it

Comment

Can I just ask about your other debts? They have to total less than £5000 is an administration order is going to be possible - do they?

Also are you buying or renting? If you are renting, there may be a much better solution than an administration order - a Debt Relief Order, see https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options/dro/ .

Comment

Yes they are less than five thousand. All are catalogue debts which i could easily afford when i had my own business. Suddenly found myself on benefits and cannot afford them anymore. So am waiting now for Lowell or one of the others to take out a ccj against me so i can go right to my county court and take out the order. Probably have debts of around 4, 600

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X