• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught shoplifting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught shoplifting.

Hi
    So last Tuesday I was caught taking around £30 of goods from a Waitrose store.
    I am completely ashamed of myself and have since been to my GP as I am suffering from severe depression. And under financial strain.
    I don't know why I did it but I did. Desperation I guess.

So the two undercover store detectives brought me back into the shop, took me up to the managers office and emptied the bag and took all the good back.
    I apologised and explained I was going through a tough time but of course (don't blame them) they looked at me with disgust.
    Anyway they asked me for my I.d badge as I was stupidly working at the time but on a break. And they asked for my national insurance number? and my home address
    I gave all the information over willingly as I was petrified and crying my eyes out.
    The manager decided to let me go but the store detectives said I would receive I fine in the post that I must pay.
    They said anything from £100 up to £1000!!
    I am such a fool and I've also been banned from all Waitrose and John Lewis stores for life.

My fear is the fine. I am a single mother on my own and I am really strapped for cash and in a bit of a mess really. Do I pay it in bits ? Or what happens?

I know in hindsight I should never of taken the goods but I was desperate .

Thank you in advance :-(
    Tags: None

Re: Caught shoplifting.

It is not a fine! Only courts can issue fines and you have not been to court. Search on here for RLP who try to claim these so called "fines" to get some idea what it is about. Basically you just ignore all the letters, there is nothing that they can do, There has been no loss.

Comment

Re: Caught shoplifting.

Oh ok, I will take a look. Thank you for replying to my Post.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X