• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VW financial services VOLUNTARY TERMINATION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW financial services VOLUNTARY TERMINATION

Hi all,

I have been following various threads relating to VT'ing a car on finance on this site for some time. I am currently in an on going battle with Volkswagen Financial Services and would appreciate all the help I can get. To summarise the situation..... I took a VW Golf on finance (PCP) through Lookers VW of Preston. I dealt with a car salesman I had used before and trusted. At the point of agreeing terms he strongly advised me to put the deal on the lowest mileage possible (5000 miles per annum) because "VW don't charge for excess mileage and you can just VT it. That way it keeps down your monthly costs. After asking a number of questions and also being told "when you come to swap it for a new one it wont matter" I went ahead and signed the deal. Some months later I got a new job and my annual mileage jumped from 12,000 per annum to over 20,000. At this point I was obviously concerned and spoke to him directly to which he reassured me that its no problem you can still VT it and that's what most people were doing these days. Fast forward a year or so and I'm now in a position to get a new car. When I went to talk terms they told me that the excess mileage is a big problem. I am informed by them that VW have recently decided to start charging for excess mileage. This decision was taken roughly March 2017. Having read the information on this site I decided to press ahead anyway and voluntarily terminated the contract. Its also worth mentioning I still know the VW salesperson but he no longer works for VW or in fact in the car industry. I feel rather unfairly treated by the fact that someone a month prior to me who may have got the car at the same time or even after me has been able to voluntarily terminate with no charges and yet I am expected to pay because VW suddenly decided to start enforcing it.

I used the template kindly provided on this website to inform them of the voluntary termination. I also included in this letter that I felt I had been miss sold the car due to the information provided by the salesperson at the time in relation to excess mileage charges. As a result of this letter a lady from VWFS called me to discuss the matter. I explained to her on the phone the reasons why I felt I had been miss sold. I also explained that I wasn't trying to get out of paying completely and that I was willing to pay the difference according to being on a 12,000 miles per annum deal which is what I had originally requested. The lady advised that I speak to the dealership directly as they are the people responsible for the alleged miss selling.

I have attached their return letter in light of the CCA references and my dispute towards their enforcement. As you can see from their response they make reference to S99 and the fact that this does not affect liability accrued before the termination.

Some advise/template on how to proceed from here would be much appreciated. They have given me 14 days to pay the outstanding balance.

Thanks in advance

Tom.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: VW financial services VOLUNTARY TERMINATION

Hi Tom,

I am in no means the right person to advise you correctly, however i am dealing with a similar situation with Mercedes Benz, I have written to the FOS and let Mercedes know so they have delayed pursuing me in the meantime. FOS has come back with what i see quite silly finding favouring the lender.

I believe from what i have read, that the lender avoids pursuing these down the route of going to court. It seems they basically just put a marker on your credit file for outstanding payments and let you deal with the consequences. I have not found a case that has escalated further to court, nor have i seen an outcome from someone like you or i, to state how things end up. Which leads me to think that people end up paying the charges. In my case this would not be possible as £2100 is not an easy amount to simply find and give them. I can see yours is even more!

Heres a link to my thread, to see what i have been through and the responses i have recieved:

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...h-VT-situation

Comment

Re: VW financial services VOLUNTARY TERMINATION

Hi Jonny,

Thank you for your reply, I actually reposted this message to a different area shortly after realising it may not be in the correct place. The link is:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...URN&highlight=

Sounds as though we may be in a similar position. Have you sought any legal advice at all from your solicitor? I'd been intrigued to know what they said. I would be willing to go to court if I thought I had a chance. The financial ombudsman wasted my time also and fell in favour of VWFS.

Thanks

Tom.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X