• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Respond/Arrow County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Respond/Arrow County Court

Thank you all so much for your help. Defence has been submitted so we shall wait and see.

How long does it take? Is here a cut off time for a reply to my defence? I'll have a look through these forums I'm sure the answers are here somewhere!x

Comment

response to defences once they receive copy from court is 28 ish days then if no response the case gets stayed, but about a week after due date if nothing ring court to confirm stayed case?

Comment

Ok great thanks. What does a stated case mean?

Comment

stayed case means defence response not been made by claimant, therefore the case is parked up until or if the claimant pays a fee and states wishes to continue if ever. but subject to situation you could apply to force their hand i.e. suuply documents they have failed to do or similair failure of which you ask for case to be struck out,, but a lot later in proceedings. peeps on here would advise lot later if events go that way?

Comment

*stayed

Comment

What does a stated case mean?
              ‘statement of case’ –

(a) means a claim form, particulars of claim where these are not included in a claim form, defence, Part 20 claim, or reply to defence; and

(b) includes any further information given in relation to them voluntarily or by court order under rule 18.1;
              https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...les/part02#2.3
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello all, following on from this in May, the case was stayed and Redtons continued to write to me to inform me that they were awaiting theevidence I had requested and hadn’t forgotten about me-thanks!

Today a VERY large envelope has arrived on my doorstep with a copy of a signed agreement and various statements. The letter on the front says that they believe they now have the evidence to win a successful case however they are still awaiting further documents and that I may want to consider withdrawing my defence and attempt to settle it amicably!!!!

What doni I I do now???!!! Help!

Comment

Hello all, following on from this in May, the case was stayed and Redtons continued to write to me to inform me that they were awaiting theevidence I had requested and hadn’t forgotten about me-thanks!

Today a VERY large envelope has arrived on my doorstep with a copy of a signed agreement and various statements. The letter on the front says that they believe they now have the evidence to win a successful case however they are still awaiting further documents and that I may want to consider withdrawing my defence and attempt to settle it amicably!!!!

What doni I I do now???!!! Help!

Comment

New Day Ltd dates on or about Sept 05 2012
                    Does that match up with the agreement you have been sent ?
                    Are the full terms with the agreement ?

What documents are missing that they are still awaiting ? Do you have the assignment & default notice ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

What documents are missing that they are still awaiting ? Do you have the assignment & default notice ?
                      The agreement is dated 27th August so it doesn’t match up.

The “original terms and and conditions embodied within the agreement” is what the cover letter states and that seems to be the case. There are also statements of account from 2012-2015 along with various notices of sums in arrears.

There is no assignment or default notice.

thanks

Comment

Looks as if some debt purchasers are starting to wise up. It is a constant battle to analyse legislation to keep one step ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Hi, I have since received further correspondence from Arrow stating;

”we are unable at this time to obtain a copy of your clients consumer credit agreement from the originating creditor . We confirm this account will not be subject of collection activity until such time as the document becomes available and we provide your client with a copy of the same”

MY clients?! Do you think this letter was meant for me?! Also, does this mean they haven’t been ab,e to get everything and therefore won’t be proceeding with the CCJ?

thank you in advance

Comment

It sounds like a letter they send to a represented defendant's solicitors tbh.... probably just someone picked the wrong template or address - are the reference numbers all the same as on your claim / account ?

They've already provided the agreement haven't they ? and just the assignment and default notice outstanding ?

Anything happened at all with the court or is the case still stayed ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Te reference and account numbers are all the same. Weird or just very unprofessional!

Nothing since, I called the courts in November and they confirmed it was still stayed. I haven’t contacted Restons since their suggestion that I attempt to settle the dispute amicably.

Not sure what to do next??

Comment

Hi
                                Just a thought
                                The agreement that you received was from Restons and I assume in response to your CPR31.14 request - you say it was the signed agreement but did it also have all the terms and conditions at the start as well as those at default?

Arrow are still in default of your S77-79 request and you could argue that in court if it gets there, especially with that letter

In my case the solicitor sent an illegible copy of the agreement and the claimant sent a letter saying that due to the age of the account the agreement would not be sent - however in my case it didn't even get that far as there was no default notice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X