• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Negotiating payment with PRA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Negotiating payment with PRA

BusyMum

No one can tell you what you should do i am afraid, it really is down to you but I think you know my story

Back in 2012 I sent CCA requests to all my creditors and stopped all payments because I was not working and could not afford even a token payment . Even if I had paid £1 a month to each it would have been over £20 a month - yes that many!

Since then only 3 ( I think) came back with enforceable agreements ( all my debts were pre Apr 2007) and I currently have 1 court claim against me which I am hopeful of winning. Even the other 2 enforceable agreements have problems in other areas such as default notices etc

the first year was fairly full on , sending letters and replying etc although I am a tad OCD at keeping records - I keep copies in a file and scanned copies in the cloud of everything I send and receive including cheques and postal orders for CCA requests etc

By sometime 2018 I will be almost debt free

It helps of course that i have no assets and no job so no 'income' and I have in the past written to my largest creditor ( some £15K saying if they think they can prove I owe them any money , which I deny, than make me bankrupt which would do me a favour- funnily enough they haven't.)

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      BusyMum

No one can tell you what you should do i am afraid, it really is down to you but I think you know my story

Back in 2012 I sent CCA requests to all my creditors and stopped all payments because I was not working and could not afford even a token payment . Even if I had paid £1 a month to each it would have been over £20 a month - yes that many!

Since then only 3 ( I think) came back with enforceable agreements ( all my debts were pre Apr 2007) and I currently have 1 court claim against me which I am hopeful of winning. Even the other 2 enforceable agreements have problems in other areas such as default notices etc

the first year was fairly full on , sending letters and replying etc although I am a tad OCD at keeping records - I keep copies in a file and scanned copies in the cloud of everything I send and receive including cheques and postal orders for CCA requests etc

By sometime 2018 I will be almost debt free

It helps of course that i have no assets and no job so no 'income' and I have in the past written to my largest creditor ( some £15K saying if they think they can prove I owe them any money , which I deny, than make me bankrupt which would do me a favour- funnily enough they haven't.)
      Many, many years ago I was taken to court over a business debt......I was self-employed, so was personally liable.
      Nothing I could have done, it was entirely due to the then recession.
      I explained to the Judge that I had informed the Claimant on many occasions that I was potless, boracic.
      The Judge sort of winked at me, & said that he found for the Claimant & that I had to pay.
      The Claimant had a big cheesy grin on his face, which slowly began to fade.
      He turned to the Judge & asked "So how do I get my money?"
      The Judge replied "That's your problem, I only pronounce the judgment!"
      Moral of the story......no point in suing someone unless you know they can pay up!
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Kati View Post
        I think they've all been merged now xx
        Maybe I've cause the mayhem when I suggested that a separate thread for each of the OP's debts (which would need separate advice) would be helpful.

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
        Also having a separate thread for each debt will make it easier for volunteers to help you. Different debt purchasers act in different ways. What works with one may not work with the other.

Any which are still with the original creditors will need a different approach too.

The common denominator may be you, but everything else can go off in all sorts of different directions.
        Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X