• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Reston's thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Reston's thread

Hi

Three things to do
    1) send a CCA request to whoever the claimants are ( they will be listed on the claim form CCA Request
    2) Send a CPR 31,14 request to Restons asking for a copy of the agreement and details of the assignment ( notice and deed of assignment)

Did you send a SAR to Newday , if not that needs doing as well

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

OK, about to send off the letters, but going through the template for the CPR 31.14 request, it looks like according to the claim form I can only ask for the assignment as that's the only documents mentioned in the claim form, is this correct?

Also in the CPR template, there is a space for a date for filling my defence, just not sure what date to put in, can anyone help with that please.

Comment

Originally posted by fidelandche View Post
          OK, about to send off the letters, but going through the template for the CPR 31.14 request, it looks like according to the claim form I can only ask for the assignment as that's the only documents mentioned in the claim form, is this correct?
          It mentions the contract as well, & contracts usually contain Terms & Conditions.

Also in the CPR template, there is a space for a date for filling my defence, just not sure what date to put in, can anyone help with that please.
          claim form from Northampton county court dated 8th June
          11th July.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for that

Comment

Ok, the letters have been sent, what is my next step?

Comment

If it were me I'd be checking historic bank records, especially if the alleged debt is, or is close to, statute barred.
                (You've blanked the dates on the PoC, so it's difficult to tell.)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The alleged debt is not near being statue barred, I guess I'm looking for when I started to pay and when I stopped paying?

Comment

Had a look today on Royal Mail to check if they (NewDay) had got the letters that I had sent (Restons have got theirs) but as of yet, Royal Mail is still saying that it is waiting to be delivered, the letters were sent on the 15th June by first class signed for. I am guessing that either Royal Mail has lost the letters or NewDay have refused to sign, if that is the case I am guessing that the letters will be returned to me and if this is the case, I am guessing that this will be used in my defence?

Talking about my defence, when should I start it? and is there a template I can use as not really sure of what to put in the defence.

Comment

Hi
                      I had this with a letter to Lowell- according to Royal Mail it said it was out for delivery but when I questioned it they produced a signature

Comment

Hi warwick65,

Did you email or ring Royal Mail?

Comment

I am guessing that either Royal Mail has lost the letters or NewDay have refused to sign, if that is the case I am guessing that the letters will be returned to me and if this is the case, I am guessing that this will be used in my defence?
                          If a 'SignedFor' letter is returned unsigned, this could be used as proof that it was not served on the intended recipient.
                          & if so, this could overcome the usual 'proof of postage is proof of receipt' rule.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So best to chase Royal mail then? Is it nest to ring or email?

Comment

If it is the SAR, it's cost £10 (fee) + postage.
                              If it were me I'd want to know where it is.
                              Royal Mail should be able to tell you, & they can also check to see if the postal order has been cashed.
                              I believe that you need to get the appropriate form from the Post Office, & you will need the receipt.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Still need help? Get in touch

Call us03457 740 740. We're open Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm, Saturday 8am-1pm and Sunday 9am-2pm
                                Text PhoneIf you're hard of hearing, call 03456 000 606. We're open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday 8am-1pm and Sunday 9am-2pm
                                Email usSend a message now
                                We aim to reply within 2 working days
                                IMPORTANT: To complete and submit forms on our website, please make sure you have the following internet browsers: Chrome 46 or newer, Safari 9.0, Internet Explorer 11/Edge, Firefox 41 or newer.
                                Alternatively, you can contact us at customer.service.team@royalmail.com.
                                We aim to answer emails sent to this address within 10 working days.

Write to us

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X