• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statute Barred - When

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute Barred - When

Does statute barred start from last payment or default, i have a 2 debts that are in between these two dates. Both of these a credit card and a personal loan that i stooped paying 6 months before a default was placed on my account.

If it goes to court can I place this as a default, statute barred.

What timescales should i work on for statute barred stop paying or default?

Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Statute Barred - When

Hi & welcome to LB

It's highly unlikely that the accrual date for the cause of action would be from the date of the last payment.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Would it be from the last payment + x months or from the default notice. Its been around 2months after last payment but 4 months before default. Another has nearly gone into month 1 of missed payment and 7 month before default both for pretty large amounts 10k+.

My concern is that i have recd court papers for an o/d which is being dealt with in another thread. its the same company i owe one of these debts to and i fear they will take me to court for these now. Not made any contact with them for 6 years.

Comment

Are they writing to you about these debts?

If so , have you sent CCA requests? This may be a way of slowing them down but if they are not actually chasing i would leave well alone

Comment

| CCA Request if needed

Comment

They have started sending letters, but standard letters stating I can make repayments etc... i just dont want to get a letter from the courts turn up randomly at my door, like the one ive just received about my overdraft, however the overdraft did goto Restons about a month before court action just didnt take any notice (Biding time).

Since this court letter for my other bill, which im happy to deal with aslong as its the only 1 any other would probably cause me a massive amount of stress.

Im going to wait it out for a bit, but was wondering if I was to open dialogue if i could delay it for a few months, or would they take notice and goto court (Bit of a gamble either way I suppose)

But to ease my mind, I was just checking if anyone knew about the Statute Barred issue, when it starts from... theyre has been a lot of confusing info everywhere about it. There is missing payment, missing payment + 1(2) months or default notice. I know there was a case going through to resolve this confusion, however I cannot find any information on the outcome etc... I believe O/D dont become statute barred, may be wrong just something I read, whereas Credit Card and a Personal Loan do, just dont know when it starts???

Any help would be appreciate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X