• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Guidance Needed About Mum's Partner's Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidance Needed About Mum's Partner's Will

Hi,

My mother's long term partner passed away recently.

My wife & I were looking after both of them every day until he went to hospital with cancer & then to a Care Home & were with him when he went (I also had PoA for his health & finance) but I have no idea whether he did a will. My mum is still alive. They were together for 35 years, but as they never got married, it makes it easier in a way that I don't have to deal with all of his pension stuff etc.

I know that he said before he passed away that everything would be going to my mum (his partner), but my brother & his wife & constantly sending me text messages asking when his will is going to be read ... sadly I have no idea what to do now & am very upset that they have crawled out of the woodwork now.

What should I do? Should I go around all of the local solicitors to find out if he had a will?

A letter arrived at my mum's house recently saying that he had some British Telecom shares (£3-4,000) but I don't want to touch anything, simply because I have no idea what I am doing.

My concern at the moment is to tell my brother & his wife to back off and leave me alone - they were never there when my mum & her partner needed them, even though they live locally. Obviously, I just want to tell them to **** off, but I'm not like that, sadly.

Any advice will be hugely & gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Ian
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X