• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Warrant of Execution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Warrant of Execution

I've just gone to pick my post up and seen a hand delivered letter for a PCN which I have been in correspondence with the council over...or so I thought.

The baliff has advised that I need to pay £393 by 5pm tonight.

I'm not contesting the parking get fine but it's gone from speaking with the council last week to having this letter delivered.

The breakdown of fees is:
    Client Debt - £83
    Court Fee - £0
    Compliance Fee - £75
    Enforcement Fee - £235

I called the baliff & asked him to explain what certain things meant. He just kept repeating himself then hung up on me.

What can I do now? I've had major surgery 2 weeks ago & am on maternity leave with a 3 week old baby & a 6yo.

I can't get through to Equita it says I need a pin number. I don't know what else to do.

Can anyone help?

***UPDATE***
    I phoned equita this morning & have been told that all 3 fines are with the baliff even though I've only got a woe for 1 of them & I need to deal with him. After I explained how aggressive & bullish he was on the phone the lady then phoned him and explained everything and told me to phone him back. I'm not prepared to speak with him. He was so unhelpful & scared me yday that I can't speak with him.
    I logged into the council website and can see that I can pay the fine of £83 to the council for the fine but Equita have advised that I'll still owe them the fees.

Can anyone help at all?
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Warrant of Execution

Is the letter you have entitled Notice of Enforcement? If so how was it sent, what date is on it & when did you receive it? What date have they given you for getting in contact with them?

You say there are 3 tickets in total - did you know about them? They are correct if you go to the Council website & pay then you still remain liable for the Bailiff fees - a recent LGO decision has made this clear.

Comment

It's entitled Enforcement Notice in big bold letters. I can't find a way to upload it (with personal details blocked out).

It was hand delivered 17/5/2017

It states if I fail to contact him immediately he will have no alternative but to re- attend my property to remove good for sale. I contacted him - he wouldn't explain things when I explained I didn't know what they meant. He just kept repeating himself aggressively & then hung up.

I received a 3 notices of enforcement from equita in the post. I received these on the 28th April 2017 in the post & contacted them straight away. I explained that this is the 1st I've heard of these as they have clearly been sent to my old address by salford council and when passed to Equita they have done a search & found my correct address.
      I contacted them immediately & ashed what I should do. They advised me to contact salford council.

I did this via an online form as I couldn't find a way to contact on the telephone that I could get through on.
      I received a reply in writing and responded to it...I'm awaiting a Reply which had slipped my mind after giving birth on the 30th April. I had to have an emergency c section where both my baby & I were at risk of dying. I'm now 18 days into recovery.

I've paid £30 towards this debt online to try & bring it down without contacting the baliff as he's made me quite scared of speaking to him.

I've read that the baliff fee can't be added unless goods are actually removed from the property...I'm not sure how true this is though

Comment

Have you notified Equita of your current circumstances? The chances are you should be classed as vulnerable meaning any enforcement should be put on hold temporarily.

If everything has gone to an old address then there is every chance they have not carried out proper procedure by applying to have the address changed on the tickets. You will need to contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre, they in turn should be able to email you the correct forms which you return the same way. Once this is done then enforcement is put on hold for some 6 - 8 weeks while the matter is investigated.

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-a-...ce/out-of-time - phone numbers (can be very busy) 0300 123 1059
        01604 619 450

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X